From the "What were they thinking file?!?"

Poppy

Flashaholic
So when people make fun of oh, let's just say the current guy in the white house that's hate. But when others make fun of the occupant before him that's not.
That's kinda strange. Used to comedians made fun of all of them. And everybody laughed. Sad how much that's changed.
No my friend, that's also hate. But it's hate disguised as humor.

KITROBASKIN said:
Stirring the hate pot. You feel good about yourself and the world around you?

Looked a little while ago; 6 members currently viewing on the once vibrant candlepowerforums. Owner has not been around in a while. Seems like that should tell the hate mongers what kind of 'fruit' they are producing.
Should labeling members as hatemongers be considered a kind and charitable act? 🚫
Or should it be recognized as a well-practiced means to silence those with whom they disagree? ✅

And what, pray tell, did those labeled as hatemongers do? 🙀
They posted a couple of jokes. :ohgeez:

I can't help but notice those accusing others of hatemongering are very nonspecific when making such accusations. It's as if they were throwing mud on a wall to see if some sticks.

Remembering the RIP Rush Limbaugh thread, there were some vitriolic posts by either one or both of the members who are now accusing others of being hatemongers. 🤨

Image 13.jpg

i hate trump i really hate him. but id protect those who still want to vote for him!!!!! i have maga freinds. but i do admit somenights i think to self lol wtf is wrong with them lol.
Have you ever asked yourself - "Why do I hate Trump so much? Does he deserve such a strong emotion? What harm has he done to me or my country?"

im old! im smart enough to understand im wrong sometimes so i listen . i can change my mind. i wont vote for anyone just becuase there in my party. i vote for those who will make this country better for everyone even those who i may not gree with
raggie33, President Trump helped make this country better while he was in office.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reggie, relax. Let's work on curing you of your T.D.S.. Let's start at the source, the lying news stations that feed you b.s. daily. Turn it off. Watch YouTube videos of puppies instead. To clean that b.s. out of your system, take a strong laxative followed by having a healthy b.m.. Next, instead of focusing your life on hate toward someone else and what you perceive they did to make the world worse, volunteer your time toward a personal cause to make the world a better place. You'll be happier, healthier, and more regular if you take my advice.

We can all have less stress in our lives if we focus on the difference we can make instead of complaining about what someone else did or didn't contribute to society.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I didn't care for Trump long before he ran for political office. The guy is a jerk, not doubt.

But when I saw what the political establishment in DC and Hollywood did to try to destroy the "outsider", even members of his own party it showed me how power hungry they are. When they hurled insults at Trump voters, that showed me they only care about themselves. I already knew that but his ways helped to magnify that.

When the US economy started doing better than it had since 2000 I thought "hmmmm, the guy might be on to something here". I'm still not a fan of the man himself but when the next guy took over it quickly became obvious what the rich and powerful in this country were up to..... again.

The middle class are getting squeezed more and more by unelected officials who will stop at nothing to appease themselves and there's only one politician right now who seems to want what's best for the law abiding citizen who just wants to live a life in freedom, raise a family, maybe pass on something to the next generation and be a productive member of society and it aint that doddering old man currently occupying the oval office.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
and the jan 6th thing
Yeah, that reminded me of back in the day when Anti-Communist Cubans in Florida would get a few pistols.... and then genuinely believe that they could overthrow Castro. Even worse? They tried! And, it wasn't just one group that one time.

You're not changing America with an improvised rebellion on the spot.

The smart ones, the dangerous ones, on January 6th.... Were the ones who slowly backed away and left.

The guy who dressed up as a Native American, he got sent to prison. His mom complained to the media that her son was starving because the prison literally has no Vegan options.

And I get it.... Boston Tea Party. Colonists dressed up as Indians to toss massive numbers of imported tea into the harbor as a protest against England. So that one dude dressed up as one on Jan. 6th.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
i agreee im a asshole
Oh screw that! Not even remotely! All the real assholes are on my Ignore List, and they know who they are because I told each one of them before tossing them on there that they were on it now.

The irony is..... Politically, religiously, common sense views of the world.... I agree with them! That's the funny part! :LOL:

I just can't stand them as individuals. I was once part of Sammy Franco's forums. Literally the most respectable and respectful member on those forums was an admitted Satanist! I had several pleasant conversations with him on there. Never about religion. Heck, he was more mature and respectable than Sammy was.

I hope one day jtr1962 returns to CPF. He and I fundamentally disagreed on nearly everything! Thing is, he was always respectful towards me. So I returned the favor. Dude never once ended up on my Ignore List. Our discussions lasted for days! We both pushed the CPF character limit to its breaking point! If anyone was ever going to reach that huge limit for a single post, it was going to be one of us!

Take our discussions, print them all out going back several years, you'd literally have an Unabridged English dictionary. Female college students would have to buy one of those little suitcases on wheels to be able to carry it around campus!

Doesn't matter if you have the same fundamental beliefs as someone else. If they can't express themselves in a mature way, with manners and common courtesy; well.... You'll stand next to them and shout together at the next political rally. But when it's over, you're not going to want to split a pizza pie and get a couple of beers with them.

Sorry Raggie, you don't qualify for asshole status.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, you're not an a hole. You care about people and animals. You've just had it rough in the last several years financially and health wise. I can relate. You just need to focus more on the positives in your life so the negative news in the world doesn't drag you down. Biden might win the election. Trump might win. Either way, you only have one vote that won't make that much of a difference in the matter. Don't wrap your life up in something you have no control over. Move on and make your life about you.