From the "What were they thinking file?!?"

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i know he is dead thats why i said rip lol i just liked him. miltary service is always a plus to me i mean if you can send folks to fight a war i like them to have been them selfs

bykfixer

Flashaholic
i know he is dead thats why i said rip lol i just liked him. miltary service is always a plus to me i mean if you can send folks to fight a war i like them to have been them selfs
Colin Powell was proof that folks can come from a bad situation and still succeed. He was a good dude and a great leader. Unfortunately he became part of the DC coffee club and lost his way there in his last few years on planet earth. Same with John McCain. I had lots of respect for the guy until he started siding with politicians who were trying to take away the liberties of Americans and give them to the UN. I could not respect him after that.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first vote for President was for Alan Keys in the 2000 primary. I wonder now how things would have gone if we avoided having oil barons George W. Bush and **** Cheney in the White House. We'd avoid invading the Middle East for oil and having nations build up enough hate to nuke us. We'd have a more qualified black President eight years earlier who had experience in the Reagan administration. We wouldn't have a Vice President shoot his friend in the face demonstrating his need for gun control. We wouldn't have the daughter of the Vice President who was a lesbian bring it up as a national issue with Republicans. We wouldn't have people voting for the first black democrat President as an admonition against the Republican Party after going through 9/11, no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, $5 a gallon gas, and the stock market crash. I would have preferred the first black President to be voted in based on merit and experience, not as a knee jerk reaction to the other party's screwups. Obama's previous experience in Congress involved voting present.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just want a prez who loves this country and everyone in the country i want a man who wants us to be happy and safe. not sure if we ever had a prez like that

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So obvious what took place with our first Black President....

Hillary looked like a leftist lunatic. Racists in the Democratic party wanted to make her look like a moderate. Make her look Centrist, so she'd win the election. They decided best thing to do was encourage and endorse a complete unknown politician to run for President. Who to get? Here's a Black man completely unknown outside of his district. Let's see, he's Black, he's male, and his voting record is so far left that if the Earth was indeed flat, he'd fall off the edge; exit stage Left.

How's his voting record on more controversial issues? Oh, it's horrendous! His voting record on abortion is so downright obscene that other liberals are disgusted by it! Perfect! Let's encourage him to run. He has no chance of getting elected since America is racist, plus he'll make old Hill look good by comparison.

Oops! B.O. has Jim Jones levels of charm and charisma. Oh wow! He's our best shot at winning the Presidential election! Sorry Hillary, step aside! You're going to have to take one for the team. It's not about YOU anymore.

Seriously, that's how he got elected. Most folks didn't even look at his voting record.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just want a prez who loves this country and everyone in the country i want a man who wants us to be happy and safe. not sure if we ever had a prez like that
That's a high bar after what is going on now. Now, becoming President is like running the gauntlet. You have the media digging up dirt on you and your family, and if they can't find any they make it up. You have the opposing party doing the same and making you out to be the bad guy to half the country. You have sleasebags, scam artists, ex girlfriends, etc. trying to extort you for every penny you're worth. You have D.A.s who don't like you making up charges to arrest you on for doing nothing. You have the current President sending the F.B.I. to go through your wife's underwear drawer. That is the precedent now set for all future candidates, like it or not. Now you want the person who survives that ordeal, who now has P.T.S.D. and was abused by half the nation to like everyone and look out for the needs of those who bankrupted him. Good luck. We need to fix the system to stop all this lawfare so any candidate who comes out on top doesn't turn into a dictator from the horrific process that lead to his ascension.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
June 19th - Juneteenth National Independence Day

What were our Forefathers thinking - allowing slavery to exist on this great land?!
Well, their original thought was that unless they unify against a common foe, England, they wouldn't survive to found this great land. Banning slavery got put on the back burner until after we won our independence from England. Then, their next thought was "Free land. Time to spread out west." Their next thought was, "Who am I going to get to work all this land?" In the north, their answer was building machines to do the work, but in the south slave labor.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
June 19th - Juneteenth National Independence Day

What were our Forefathers thinking - allowing slavery to exist on this great land?!
Practically speaking, when one considers the relatively high percentage of the founders who were slave owners, it's quite likely that if they had fought about that issue while trying to put the country together we would not have a country now; that is how great the split would have been. Things came to a head, of course, 70-odd years later, but at the time of the founding it would have caused such rancor and dissension that our nascent country would have been stillborn.

As it was, the country effectively ceased to exist as it previously had with the secession of the southern states in 1861, regardless of the fact that the North "won" the war a few years later, at horrible cost. Add in the changes made in 1871, wherein the United States was incorporated and its legal name subtly changed from the united States to the United States, and what the founders had envisioned was essentially destroyed.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
Well, their original thought was that unless they unify against a common foe, England, they wouldn't survive to found this great land. Banning slavery got put on the back burner until after we won our independence from England. Then, their next thought was "Free land. Time to spread out west." Their next thought was, "Who am I going to get to work all this land?" In the north, their answer was building machines to do the work, but in the south slave labor.
Eli Whitney's cotton gin, and other similar labor-saving devices, had begun driving the nails into slavery's coffin; it's been estimated that by 1875 at the latest, it would have no longer been the least profitable to maintain slaves for agricultural purposes, as they would cost more to feed and house than they would produce in monetary terms.

That is why both France and England took steps to foment rebellion and the desire for secession among the slave-holding states when they did, primarily from the late 1840s onwards, as sooner or later slavery would cease to be a viable business expense and thus no longer a wedge issue. The British had financial (primarily mercantile) reasons for separating the South from the rest of America, and like France also very much desired a fractured U.S. with an eye towards regaining at least some of the colonial territory that both had lost.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i saw a cotton feild the first time in my life last year i was like wtf is that lol. i kind of wanted to pick some but i had no idea who to ask for permission . im used to seeing the feilds now

Terrywhite

Newly Enlightened
Didn't look to see if this one was posted but if you think that was bad. This is stuff a 2 year old does. I don't know why no one does a thing.
Watch his wife signal secret service to get him.
This is not modified. He really did this.

Latest posts