From the "What were they thinking file?!?"

raggie33

*the raggedier*
A course I live in a city where they had to put a out of order sign on a ice sales cabinet . When all the ice was melted and cabinet was full of water. Also there was a sign that said urn on your car lights in the dark

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
You know it's funny.... I took the vaccines, I still wear masks, literally impossible to spread ANY disease if you don't have children concentrated in classrooms where even one infected child with no outward symptoms can attend. And, social distancing works. But of course you'll have people who'll tell you it's impossible to do. Even when it's being done right in front of them. Jan. 2021, early in the morning at the bakery, picking up a Birthday cake for a family member. Small group of guys walk in, I get in line behind them. Leaving plenty of space. No issues. After one of them says something about social distancing, the idiot directly in front of me says, "That's impossible to do!"

Would have been hilarious had he turned around at that moment and seen me easily standing over 8 feet away from him and his little group.

But yeah, Supreme court overruled many of the mandates. I forget, how many doctors are on the Supreme court? The average citizen screaming about these mandates somehow violated their freedom.... How many of those individuals are doctors? Yeah, your "freedom" causes the death of one of my loved ones because you refused to do the right thing to protect yourself and everyone around you.... Maybe that's when I'll be using my "freedom" to send you to a different plain of existence.

Never been infected. Elderly whom I'm in charge of at my morning shift job = Zero infections. All thanks to me enforcing very strict standards on the residents I'm in charge of. Oh look, all of the standards and practices for preventing the spread of COVID actually work. Who knew?

Attachments

• 709E51CD-621B-4D4A-99AF-530B76CD74A0.jpeg
    709E51CD-621B-4D4A-99AF-530B76CD74A0.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 24

Monocrom

Flashaholic
@Dr. Jones
Honestly, nothing but respect for Hooked On Fenix for the excellent, and thoughtful job he did presenting his point of view regarding the Pandemic. He and I normally agree. This was one time we were on opposite sides. He did a fantastic job bringing up very valid points, and responding with excellent counter-points to what I brought up.

You, on the other hand, clearly have no intelligent rebuttal to anything I brought up in the post of mine that you quoted. So instead, you decided to pretend that my point of view is silly, childish, not worth responding to in a thoughtful and serious manner. In fairness, that's a very old debating tactic, and much of the time, it works....

But not if the other person is aware of it, and calls you out on it. Like I just did. Oops! I would say, nice try. But it's really not. It's just intellectual dishonesty on your part, and simply shows everyone that you can't defend your point of view. That's all it does. If you could, you would have done so without resorting to something so childish. Honestly, and I sincerely mean this.... Thank you for showing me your true colors. Thank you for letting me know that going forward, I have no reason to waste my time trying to have an intelligent conversation with you. (I do this as a courtesy to everyone on there, so there's absolutely no misunderstanding.) Welcome to my Ignore List.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's a horrible way to get rid of it
It's a nod to the novel, "1984" by George Orwell.
Absolutely worth reading. When the main Antagonist is honestly asked, "What does the future hold?" (In terms of Society in general.)

His response is, basically, "Picture a boot stomping down on a face."
Delivered with a brutal and cold honesty that really stands out.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
@Dr. Jones
Honestly, nothing but respect for Hooked On Fenix for the excellent, and thoughtful job he did presenting his point of view regarding the Pandemic. He and I normally agree. This was one time we were on opposite sides. He did a fantastic job bringing up very valid points, and responding with excellent counter-points to what I brought up.

You, on the other hand, clearly have no intelligent rebuttal to anything I brought up in the post of mine that you quoted. So instead, you decided to pretend that my point of view is silly, childish, not worth responding to in a thoughtful and serious manner. In fairness, that's a very old debating tactic, and much of the time, it works....

But not if the other person is aware of it, and calls you out on it. Like I just did. Oops! I would say, nice try. But it's really not. It's just intellectual dishonesty on your part, and simply shows everyone that you can't defend your point of view. That's all it does. If you could, you would have done so without resorting to something so childish. Honestly, and I sincerely mean this.... Thank you for showing me your true colors. Thank you for letting me know that going forward, I have no reason to waste my time trying to have an intelligent conversation with you. (I do this as a courtesy to everyone on there, so there's absolutely no misunderstanding.) Welcome to my Ignore List.

Attachments

• EF2EFDAC-A07A-4AC7-A0D6-EF6017C574E5.jpeg
    EF2EFDAC-A07A-4AC7-A0D6-EF6017C574E5.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 36

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey @Monocrom , since you put a member on ignore, let me just say he responded to your post with a not clever or amusing putdown image that is in no way a reflection of who you are; more like random angertainment garbage that has seen increased use by those who likely feel disenfranchised, on their way out, since their selfish ways are being questioned, maybe?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hold on now, trump wanting to close the border with Mexico and build a massive wall, had nothing to do with COVID. He was attempting to do that the moment he got into office, which was clearly before the Planetary Pandemic hit our shores. The wall, and his pitiful response to COVID are two very different things during his administration.

Good leaders are proactive, not reactive to problems. A bad leader will watch as the SHTF, pull you in front to cover their ***, then blame you for the smell. A good leader will never let the SHTF to begin with and you'll never know something smelled. As far as the border wall and Trump closing the border goes, yes, this was prepandemic, again being proactive. Covid was not the only reason to vet people at and secure our border. Trump came from New York City, that place where 9/11 took place allowing terrorists to crash into our highest buildings, attack the Pentagon, and try to take out the White House. As a New Yorker, who built several of those tall buildings in NYC, Trump had a personal interest in not wanting New York City attacked again. Covid was a reason, but not the only reason to secure the border. We also had an Ebola scare back then too. Recently, on June 11, 2024, 8 ISIS terrorists from Tajikistan were arrested in New York, L.A., and Philadelphia. They had been processed and let in at the southern border. We don't know if any more terrorists got away. Go ahead, blame Trump for securing the border. Biden is making sure the next 9/11 takes place.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey @Monocrom , since you put a member on ignore, let me just say he responded to your post with a not clever or amusing putdown image that is in no way a reflection of who you are; more like random angertainment garbage that has seen increased use by those who likely feel disenfranchised, on their way out, since their selfish ways are being questioned, maybe?
Thank you for the heads-up, and unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised. Thing is, someone ends up on my List; I never click on the "Show ignored content" option at the bottom of a topic's pages. Just no reason to. It's why I give folks the courtesy of knowing that they've ended up on that list, and an explanation as to why. So that they don't waste their time responding directly to my comments. Afterwards, if they want to get horribly upset and express their anger; they have every right to. Let them. I'll never see that expression of anger.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Even a very controversial one. But if someone honestly can't state why they believe strongly in a certain point of view. If they can't defend it when the topic is brought up.... That's when some self-examination is needed. Why do they believe so strongly in it? Perhaps they should reconsider their point of view. But human nature being what it is, folks tend to lash out at anyone who questions something they strongly believe in, especially when they honestly can't defend their outlook in an open discussion. Just how it is.... unfortunately.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Good leaders are proactive, not reactive to problems. A bad leader will watch as the SHTF, pull you in front to cover their ***, then blame you for the smell. A good leader will never let the SHTF to begin with and you'll never know something smelled. As far as the border wall and Trump closing the border goes, yes, this was prepandemic, again being proactive. Covid was not the only reason to vet people at and secure our border. Trump came from New York City, that place where 9/11 took place allowing terrorists to crash into our highest buildings, attack the Pentagon, and try to take out the White House. As a New Yorker, who built several of those tall buildings in NYC, Trump had a personal interest in not wanting New York City attacked again. Covid was a reason, but not the only reason to secure the border. We also had an Ebola scare back then too. Recently, on June 11, 2024, 8 ISIS terrorists from Tajikistan were arrested in New York, L.A., and Philadelphia. They had been processed and let in at the southern border. We don't know if any more terrorists got away. Go ahead, blame Trump for securing the border. Biden is making sure the next 9/11 takes place.
Honestly, please don't misunderstand. I'm absolutely not blaming Trump for wanting to secure the border. I'm a New Yorker too, since 1979. Not born here, but definitely raised. I just question how he planned to go about it. A giant wall is nothing new in history. (Just look at the great wall of China.) Had it been done right, I think it could have worked. But I don't recall that Trump went beyond the early planning phase at all. No professional blueprints drawn up by an architect. No movement of U.S. reserves or Army personnel to the border to guard those building the wall.

If it was a multi-wall system like what existed in Germany after WWII, I think it would have been more successful. (Difference being to keep people out, instead of forcing them to stay put.) Getting Mexico to pay for it, completely unrealistic. Not just for political reasons. But the fact that folks forget that Mexico, with the exception of the border towns that are doing well, is honestly a 3rd World nation. With the exception of the cartels, there's no money!

One idea: Take physically healthy Mexicans who illegally immigrated into America, vet them to identify those with non-violent backgrounds.... Offer them citizenship status if they are willing to work and build that border wall. Guaranteed you are going to have an abundance of volunteers. Pay them a decent wage. Set up temporary housing near the border. Put them to work. Use army reservists on a rotating basis to keep order. Let the workers know that if they screw up, they get kicked out of the program. Sure, an Executive Order would have to be signed. But obviously not an issue for the President.

Also, being a citizen makes it easier to sponsor family members who would want to emigrate to America. Now they can do so, legally. Actual citizenship for non-violent individuals who are willing to work hard. That's how it used to be in this country.

Personally speaking, I can't criticize Joe Biden too harshly. Being half Armenian, and half Ukrainian.... The man was the first President in U.S. history to openly acknowledge the Armenian genocide that took place right around WWI. Ticked off a lot of Muslim leaders. Oh well, screw them and their murderous ancestors. The story of how that genocide came to be is especially folked up!

Escaped convict, stumbled onto an Armenian family's home. Begged them for help. Father of the family knew there was a huge reward for his capture. Rather than turn him in for the money, knowing the convict would get executed the next day, the Father insisted on hiding him. Protecting him, feeding him, providing him with shelter. The Muslim convict thanked the father, and said that once he'd take over, there would be a change in how Armenians would be treated. Then, he left. Well, he kept his promise.... and years later, the genocide took place! Imagine doing the right thing, and THAT is your reward. Knowing that you could have prevented it had you been money-hungry and turned in that miserable excuse for a human-being to be executed. Oh, and on top of that every single Muslim in the world pretends the genocide never took place. Until President Biden comes along and openly says, "Yes it did, stop pretending."

And of course, all the massive aid to the Ukraine to help prevent that nation from being steamrolled over by the Dictator or Russia who at this point can't be bothered to pretend he's simply a President. Trump said he would not only cut off aid, but strongly implied he'd put pressure on Ukraine's President to basically surrender to Putin.

Under those circumstances, there is no way I can vote for Trump. Good Ole' Joe is one of the worst Presidents in American history, but he got two things right. Acknowledgement and Aid.