• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: L1-PR-T-917 HA-Nat *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I recently built some L1-PR-T-917 HA-Nat mods and before I could offer them up, all but one was spoken for. This one is for sale. LED is TWOJ Lux III. Price is $250 and includes priority mail and Pay Pal fees. If you want it, please stake your claim here and e-mail me your mailing address and I'll get it off to you. Thanks for looking.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Re: FS: L1-PR-T-917 HA-Nat

Don't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It's an awesome flashlight, and more of that, a McGizmo handmade L1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Do not delay deciding, you would regret it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I have one and I am very happy, extremely white and very powerful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
Many thanks again Don to have made this mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: L1-PR-T-917 HA-Nat

Man if I could get someone to buy some of the lights I have for sale it would be mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I don't have the L1 part of this, but I do have the PR-T-917 and it rocks the socks off of almost anything else I have. BRIGHT and WHITE
Oh well next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
mut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Sold to dallas. Thanks everybody! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good move, Dallas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

These are fantabulous!

Britt

dallas

Newly Enlightened
Got it. Love it. I love this light. Thanks Don. This is the best flashlight fix since the SN II.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Glad you got it and like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Folks, I can't take it any longer! I need to brag about my new favorite light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've wanted one of these for a very long time, and was secretly plotting (more like saving my money) to have one of my very own, my ideal walking light.

Finally it happened! There was a terrible thunderstorm, and a bolt of lightning broke a tremendous limb from a tree, then I fashioned it into a handmade baseball bat... wait, sorry, wrong story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Actually, I got my hands on an L1 plus SY0H emitter, then sent these to McGizmo for his magic touch. I had researched the Downboy converter quite a bit and settled on a DB500 to drive my light. Then waited, and before I even thought Don had received my package, the RETURN PACKAGE was already back in my mailbox! Truly amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My little L1 now sports the famous PR-T head, all hard anodized in a natural finish, and drives the SY0H emitter with DB500 high beam or a suitably resistored low beam. Theoretically, the high beam should put out about 2000 lux and run in regulation for 3 hours, while the low beam should keep running for 20 hours or more. I couldn't be happier.

Someday soon, if I'm feeling inspired, I'll take some beamshots and do a full-fledged writeup of my little friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Until then, I'll just say that the success of this venture was a combination of my own painstaking research, the good fortune of finding the right parts, and most importantly, Don's willingness to perform his magic! THANK YOU DON!

To anyone on the fence with this particular mod, my advice is to go for it. It's a wonderful light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dallas

Newly Enlightened
I remember several threads where some said the L1 sucks and others said the L1 is great. My L1 with an R2H is still in my pocket. This 917 is so elegant that I want to put gloves on before I touch it. I thought about putting it in a safety deposit box, but need to look at it. Thinking about some kind of trophy case. May be getting carried away, but damn, I love this flashlight.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoever said the L1 sucks could sell me theirs for $40. Glad to be of service! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif