Sold/Expired FS: Leash Lantern AA LED lanterns

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered. Looking forward to getting it in hand.

!!!! Thanks so very much gravelrash, I really hope you enjoy it! Any questions or anything just fire me an email anytime.

I updated my documentation site last night to include both Standard & Advanced instruction manuals, plus a short YouTube video that walks you through the advanced features and programming menu. I hope you find them helpful should you want to change any of the advanced settings. It's all located here:

All the best, can't wait to hear what you think :D

pilo7448

pilo7448

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Great video

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

G

gravelrash

Enlightened
Wow after looking at the docs and the video I’m even more excited. I may not be able to keep it wrapped up until Christmas...

G

gravelrash

Enlightened
I have been playing with my Leash Lantern for a few days trying to get a feel for what it is and how I will use it. I really love this light. I am a late-stage flashaholic and this little light is exactly the treatment I need right now. It is a light for being seen, and for seeing when a little warm light is all you need. The tint is amber, which I have not experienced before, but outside in a snowy landscape it really makes beautiful light and shadow. The bronze is sympathetic to its surroundings; it warms up in your pocket and gets cold when used outside. I am really enamored with this thing. It oozes passion like no other light I have; a product of years of tinkering and iteration. Will an HDS do a similar job as the Leash? Yes, and I carry an HDS every day, but there will be many times when I keep the HDS clipped and pull out the Leash, especially outdoors in the winter.

Nice work Mike; I look forward to whatever your passion produces next.

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my goodness gravelrash, you have me grinning ear-to-ear like a fool. I'm so glad you like the lantern and thank you very much for the comment. Anything at all I can do or help with just pop me a message.

Best regards!

G

gravelrash

Enlightened
You are welcome sir! I am using the Leash more and more. Just ordered a "spare" because CPF.

B

Bullzeyebill

Staff member
I'm looking to get one the firsr of the year is thar ok?

Bill

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to get one the firsr of the year is thar ok?

Bill

Absolutely sir! I would be honored to build one for anyone who wants one. Just send me a message any time or pop by my site. :)

Happy Holidays!
P1040433_800px.jpg

B

Bullzeyebill

Staff member
Does it have a Mule head, or is there a reflector? Can the diffuser be removed?

Bill

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it have a Mule head, or is there a reflector? Can the diffuser be removed?

Bill

Pill screws in from the head and there is no reflector, so I'd say it's a mule. Diffuser is threaded and can be unscrewed.

I have one with the diffuser removed (set to lowest output) that I use as my nightstand light for checking on the kids.

B

Bullzeyebill

Staff member
Thanks.

Bill

electromage

electromage

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Is this meant to replace the Lamplighter?

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this meant to replace the Lamplighter?

Nope! This is far too large and heavy to hang from a keychain. :)

This was a tool I built to fulfill a need around the house (the need to not get run over while walking the dog :p)

Right now I'm just putting the finishing touches on my drawings for a AA light and then maybe we'll take a look at the Lamplighter next. :)

If you're interested in trying out a Leash Lantern, I have both amber & neutral white in stock right now! Just saying. :whistle::naughty:

Cheers and Happy New Year!

S

Sanford02

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of each, and they are fantastic!

Thanks for offering these.

L

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
Im thinking these might be good when directing traffic for first responders @ MVAs.
Not as a wand but just hanging off your coat, as extra insurance.
Some drivers are absolutely nuts.
We almost had an officer hit at a scene the other day because the driver couldn’t just slow Down and move over. Kid in the car too.
So instead she got pulled over.

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of each, and they are fantastic!

Thanks for offering these.

This makes me so happy to read Sanford02! Thanks so much for the purchase and I hope they serve you well for a good long while. :)

Im thinking these might be good when directing traffic for first responders @ MVAs.
Not as a wand but just hanging off your coat, as extra insurance.
Some drivers are absolutely nuts.
We almost had an officer hit at a scene the other day because the driver couldn’t just slow Down and move over. Kid in the car too.
So instead she got pulled over.

Maybe! I snapped one on a belt loop when we went trick or treating with the kids so drivers could see us. Worked a treat - just popped it into crosswalk mode each time we crossed a street and it's quite bright. As you've said - drivers simply aren't careful enough at night. :(

Please tell me your AA light will be available in bronze...

Perhaps! It won't have too much more metal in it than the Leash Lantern so bronze might be an option without it being too heavy. I'll have to check what my machinist thinks. He really disliked knurling the bronze Lanterns and milling pushes the price up quite a bit, so it's all a balancing act of wishes vs. price. Will let you know. :)