• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: MT-G2 Mag Mod with Voltage Monitor Option...

jayrob

Enlightened
I ordered one of these from Jayrob a few weeks ago (he's a little backed up, which is entirely to be expected with products as awesome as this!)

I went with a red host, the 5-amp option, Spectrum voltage monitor, batteries, charger, the whole shebang.

I somewhat regret the red host choice and if I could go back and do it again I'd go with silver, but that's entirely my fault :p Just an excuse to buy or build another mag somewhere down the road!

This thing pumps out an absolutely absurd amount of light. Medium is more than powerful enough for the vast majority of purposes, which is not hugely surprising, and I suspect I don't really want to run high for more than a few minutes at a time due to heat dissipation anyway - but when you DO click it up to high, it is just... wow.

If you've been on the fence about getting one of these, hop down off it and pull the trigger - you will not be disappointed.

Glad you like it! :)

Love to see good feedback...

Check out my new XHP70 @ 5 Amps. 4000 Lumens! :cool:

jayrob

Enlightened
PM about the MT-G2 monster request sent! :D

Looking forward to building one up for you!
beer.gif

DragonHead

Enlightened
Pretty dang cool brother, Need any Cerakote? Trade?
I been getting your units sent in for coating, and I have to say, very impressed.
H.

saturnx

Newly Enlightened
Are you able to build a light? or have one already built you might be willing to sell?

Thanks
Steve H.

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Do the 3A versions get the arctic alumina treatment as well to help with heat transfer?

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Yes just specify that you would like that when ordering and I'll take care of you...
beer.gif

Awesome. I'll note it in the invoice that I want arctic alumina treatment (even though it's only 3A and won't make as much heat as 5A, the better the heat transfer, the happier the electronics should be). *Eagerly awaits the invoice*

I also want to make a shoutout that JayRob's customer service is absolutely fantastic. I have OCD when it comes to little details (even things like lining up the screws on my CPU heatsink so the heads look like + + + + rather than + x x +), and jayrob's been nothing but a class act in addressing my concerns. (It's because of how good he is to those who want his flashlights there's a nice little "level 1" badge that'll be there for the next 6 months.)

Best,

Jason

saturnx

Newly Enlightened
I received my 2D cell 5 amp lite with the voltage monitor option 2 days ago, and I can't even begin to tell you about the smile it brought to my face! First off let me tell you that if you are considering dropping some decent coin a lite, fear not, Jayrob is as professional as it comes. His work is top notch and it reflects in the amazing fit and finish of this lite. I work a third shift and I have spent over a thousand dollars on flashlights and have been repeatedly disappointed by commercial lights. This Modded Maggy has a stunning wall of light in medium and high! The lowest setting is perfect for up close work so as not to be completely blinded. This is my new go to light when the night falls.. Great work Jayrob!

A+ transaction!

Steve

jayrob

Enlightened
I received my 2D cell 5 amp lite with the voltage monitor option 2 days ago, and I can't even begin to tell you about the smile it brought to my face! First off let me tell you that if you are considering dropping some decent coin a lite, fear not, Jayrob is as professional as it comes. His work is top notch and it reflects in the amazing fit and finish of this lite. I work a third shift and I have spent over a thousand dollars on flashlights and have been repeatedly disappointed by commercial lights. This Modded Maggy has a stunning wall of light in medium and high! The lowest setting is perfect for up close work so as not to be completely blinded. This is my new go to light when the night falls.. Great work Jayrob!

A+ transaction!

Steve

Love to hear great feedback thanks! :)

Glad you like the build! :cool:

welder1

Newly Enlightened
Can you please email me I would like to buy one of you already built flash light

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Can you please email me I would like to buy one of you already built flash light

Seller does not have access to your email addy. When you are vetted as a CPF member you can display it in your Profile. You can post your email address in this thread. Also, see this info for new members. :)

Bill

stellar canuck

Newly Enlightened
[h=2]Jayrob,[/h]Fantastic Maglite mod! I recently upgraded a 35 year old (but near new condition) 4D Maglite with a Malkoff dropin. Can your electronics be mated to the dropin, or would I need to start from scratch? And does it make sense to convert the lite? Its pretty long, and i note that the converted lights don't need much length, relatively speaking.

Thanks

Stellar Canuck

jayrob

Enlightened
Jayrob,

Fantastic Maglite mod! I recently upgraded a 35 year old (but near new condition) 4D Maglite with a Malkoff dropin. Can your electronics be mated to the dropin, or would I need to start from scratch? And does it make sense to convert the lite? Its pretty long, and i note that the converted lights don't need much length, relatively speaking.

Thanks

Stellar Canuck

Hi,

For this build, it's the battery supply voltage and the emitter voltage demand that sets the limits...

It's a 6 Volt emitter. Putting 5 Amps to a 6 Volt emitter...

So for the driver that I have been successful with, that means you could use 2 X quality Li-Ion cells. Or 6 X NiMH cells. (same voltage and ability to deliver the current)

The 2 cell Li-Ion configuration with voltage monitor is the most popular (and best) IMO...

In my list of feedback, there are some that pertain to the MT-G2. (towards the bottom of the list) Take a few minutes and read some!
beer.gif

Buyer Feedback

Last edited:

stellar canuck

Newly Enlightened
Jayrob,

Thanks for the quick reply. MT-G2 does look nice. Were you recommending I consider the 2D cell Maglite MT-G2, or would this work in my 4 DCell? (if the 4Dcell I already have, with using the Malkoff dropin currently in it, or require replacing the dropin?) Also, would it also work with the 4 Dcells, or is it a conversion to only Li Ion?

Thanks

Steven

jayrob

Enlightened
Jayrob,

Thanks for the quick reply. MT-G2 does look nice. Were you recommending I consider the 2D cell Maglite MT-G2, or would this work in my 4 DCell? (if the 4Dcell I already have, with using the Malkoff dropin currently in it, or require replacing the dropin?) Also, would it also work with the 4 Dcells, or is it a conversion to only Li Ion?

Thanks

Steven

No it's not going to work for 4D because you don't have enough voltage in 4 X NiMH cells and you can't fit 4 Li-Ion's in a stock Mag...

So you need to go for the 2 cell build.

Sending PM...