• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: MT-G2 Mag Mod with Voltage Monitor Option...

jayrob

Enlightened
Looking forward to it, just let me know when your ready!
beer.gif

Jayrob,

Thanks for the quick reply. MT-G2 does look nice. Were you recommending I consider the 2D cell Maglite MT-G2, or would this work in my 4 DCell? (if the 4Dcell I already have, with using the Malkoff dropin currently in it, or require replacing the dropin?) Also, would it also work with the 4 Dcells, or is it a conversion to only Li Ion?

Thanks

Steven

On further thought there is one way for your 4D Mag to work with this build...

It would mean using 3 Li-Ion cells and a custom aluminum battery spacer at the tail cap.

And also using one of Der Wichtel's 5A version of his buck driver for the MT-G2. It would mean removing your existing drop in and rebuilding the light using thicker gauge wire soldered to switch contacts etc...

Last edited:

rabbiporkchop

Newly Enlightened
Can you work on other flashlights besides mag? I would like to do something like this to some flashlights that I purchased a few years ago

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
After 2 stints in the hospital due to pneumonia, losing a job, gaining a job (full-time with benefits too!), and saving...

Jay...

PAYMENT SENT!

Jason

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Wow sounds like a rough spell... Glad you bounced back!

Got you covered on the order.

Talk to you soon!
beer.gif

Thanks!

The first stint was mild. The second stint was in both lungs with 105 Fever and basically took about 1/3 of my lung capacity away as a result of the damage. I lost my gig working in an NGO for Human Rights in Iran, and I got a gig managing a self-storage place. (Hooray lock collecting with scrap metal management experience.) Now I wait patiently for my new evil light :D. I can already see my dad going "wookatdakewtwiddlelitebulb". (He's one of those that he'd want to see an LED the size of a silver dollar before he'd think it could be of any brightness.)

LessDark

Enlightened
Nice work you got here!

I was wondering, are there any maglites you could mod (for MT-G2) that would fit two 26650's without needing a sleeve?

jayrob

Enlightened
Thanks!

The first stint was mild. The second stint was in both lungs with 105 Fever and basically took about 1/3 of my lung capacity away as a result of the damage. I lost my gig working in an NGO for Human Rights in Iran, and I got a gig managing a self-storage place. (Hooray lock collecting with scrap metal management experience.) Now I wait patiently for my new evil light :D. I can already see my dad going "wookatdakewtwiddlelitebulb". (He's one of those that he'd want to see an LED the size of a silver dollar before he'd think it could be of any brightness.)

Looking forward to hearing what your Dad says about it... (and your comments too!) :)

Nice work you got here!

I was wondering, are there any maglites you could mod (for MT-G2) that would fit two 26650's without needing a sleeve?

Hi,

I know that a CMag can be bored out a little in order to fit the diameter of 26650's, but it's the length that concerns me... Possibly can be done with a custom tail cap mod but why not just go with the 32650's in a DMag?

Much more capacity, and the size of the head on a CMag is the same diameter as a DMag. DMag has a better switch too...

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Jay,

If he tries the "ooh little bulb" stunt, I don't think he'll be seeing much for a while. I'm honestly a bit scared he'll try it, and I'll keep you posted if he blows his eyeballs out.

Zpan10

Newly Enlightened
Hey would like to know what led mag light engines you have available now. I'm a really old cpfer... Mag1185 days..

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Yep shipped today...

Let me know how you like it!
beer.gif

It's here!

Absolutely insane amount of light comes out of it. Almost blinding even standing behind the light (and this is at 3A, which is still provides for usable time even @ high). Gonna do some nighttime testing tonight with it and report back. - Jason

Edit: what does purple mean in the "startup sequence?"

Edit #2:

Early Low-Res non-smartphone pix

Picture0615162023_1.jpg

Picture0615162019_1.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
It's here!

Absolutely insane amount of light comes out of it. Almost blinding even standing behind the light (and this is at 3A, which is still provides for usable time even @ high). Gonna do some nighttime testing tonight with it and report back. - Jason

Edit: what does purple mean in the "startup sequence?"

Edit #2:

Early Low-Res non-smartphone pix

View attachment 3038

View attachment 3039

Are you referring to the voltage monitor?

The battery voltage monitor will have a short 2 second initialization and some flashing when you first turn on the light. This is normal...

Looking forward to hearing back about your impressions at night! :)

ganz-lite

Newly Enlightened
Are you referring to the voltage monitor?

The battery voltage monitor will have a short 2 second initialization and some flashing when you first turn on the light. This is normal...

Looking forward to hearing back about your impressions at night! :)

Yeah. One of the colors mine flashes is Purple during startup.

I'm gonna go out at night with it and see what it can do. The LED read dark blue when I got it, so woop woop. As of right now, the LED at low is like "Moonlight"; at medium, it beats out my Malkoff Drop-In XML by a decent margin; at high... I have to squint even when standing BEHIND the flashlight. If the "super chicken version" of 3 amps, copper heatsink, voltage monitor, protected cells, that my light has is this bright... I can only imagine what a full-on 5 Amp monster could do.

(And I'm a very happy chicken :D )

Stupid question. When the flashlight is not in use, should I keep the batteries in, or take them out?