G2 Click tailcap

jgang

Newly Enlightened
OK, newbie here. Searched forums extensively, but can't find specifics on a click on/click off tail cap for the Surefire G2s. Yeah, Surefire has them....for $38 (more than the light!). Is there a quality, less expensive alternative?

Thanks,
Jason

litho123

Enlightened
Ditto Jamrock's link...

The only downside is when changing batteries as the clickie is a loose piece.

The Garrity 2AA's are becoming hard to find as the "New" ones have eliminated the tailcap switch for a body mounted switch. Try picking one up at Walmart / Dominicks / Safeway / Meijer ... should be in the 7.00 - 10.00 range.

Let me know if you want me to snag one for you and send it to you. Last I checked (a few weeks ago) they still were on the shelves.

jgang

Newly Enlightened
Thanks gents! EXACTLY what I was looking for. Hope I can find a few Garrity 2AAs out there. If not, I may take you up on your offer litho.

Thanks again,
Jason

jgang

Newly Enlightened
WOW! I found a Garrity 2AA today by luck and did the switch mod to my G2 tonight. What a slick little fix. Absolutely perfect fit and a better operating light to boot!

Thanks again gents for pointing me in the right direction. I'll be on the lookout for more 2AAs with that switch for the rest of my G2s.

Jason

litho123

Enlightened
The rest of the Garrity AA light is good to canibalize as well.

If you remove the rubber sleeve, it can be slipped over the Fenix L2P or a Minimag to provide a better gripping surface. My "martial-arts" brother likes the sleeve over his L2p in the L1p holster - secure, yet quick to get into action.

The Garrity Nylon holster works with the sleeved minimag.