G2 verse 6P

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a G2 and a 6P. I keep the G2 in my coat with a M60. I like it because it is light, can be in my pocket with keys and I don't have to worry about a metal body getting scratched up, and if it's cold out it doesn't feel cold like a metal light. It's quick to pull from my pocket and blast 200 lumens of light when needed. I don't use it for long periods of time as the M60 gets hot very fast in the M60.

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
That's the first report I've read about a twist-switch failure ... but a phone call to SF will get a new one on the way:D

To be the first to get twist-switch fail i would end up with Surefire´s true stories and win $100 gift certificate or something :twothumbs
I have better luck than in lottery ever :crackup:

yep, need to contact SF dealer..

Donny Dont

Newly Enlightened
I just used it this weekend when it was under 40F out. I also used my 6P for a minute without gloves on and it was "freezing" in my hand, enough to be uncomfortable. The 6P does get the nod for best "feel" when there is no temperature extreme, but the G2 is a very close second, and in the winter, first.

40F? At 40 below, the nitrolon still gets pretty cold, but any aluminum light is just painful, even in gloves.
And don't try to hold a light in your mouth--in severe winter conditions, headlamps should provide the only handsfree solution.

Joe

Last edited: