Gear Haulers- you've got the gear, what do you carry it in?

Borad

Enlightened
I wanted to get a MOLLE pack frame because I figured that would give me the most flexibility. I'd be able to strap whatever bags wherever I wanted them. But I live in NY City and I figured I'd scare people and constantly have my bags checked at train stations. The padding is way overbuilt for what I'd need anyway.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
My rig today. I removed & replaced some patches for the pic. Didn't want to offend anyone. ha

Hazard 4 Kato with Big Koala. Ipad mini case from Col. Littleton stows in back compartment.

ADFE8250-96EC-4D66-957C-5E402E027F76_zpsipr7ocpt.jpg

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
My rig today. I removed & replaced some patches for the pic. Didn't want to offend anyone. ha

Hazard 4 Kato with Big Koala. Ipad mini case from Col. Littleton stows in back compartment.

ADFE8250-96EC-4D66-957C-5E402E027F76_zpsipr7ocpt.jpg

What's that tubular thing clipped top left?

MrJino

Enlightened
Nice. That one of the things I like about the 2 is all the built in organization. Why too much for most I'm sure but To each it's own. Your idea of the pull outs has me interested though....my GR1 could use some work.....hmmm

The pullouts are very helpful!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's that tubular thing clipped top left?

Thats the mega tritium lantern Toby Pra made for me a while back. I forget what he called it. There is actually one of his Glow Worms on the right side key ring too. Its hard to see in this pic. I like his stuff. Needless to say, its easy to find the bag at night.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG! In this thread, we have become "bagaholics." :)
I've become a gearaholic, just don't have the finances to support the hobby to the extent I want lol. I mean for the longest time I really considered buying a truck with a utility bed just to carry all the stuff I wanted to have available on a daily basis.

scout24

Flashaholic
Here's my low speed high drag super low profile "This is not the bag you're looking for" bag. The outside appearance belies what's within... :) Well organized, easy to access, there are a couple internal dividers, the outside pockets hold more than you'd think. Firewood season, don't mind the truck...

IMG_0337.jpg

Last edited:

MrJino

Enlightened
Here's my low speed high drag super low profile "This is not the bag you're looking for" bag. The outside appearance belies what's within... :) Well organized, easy to access, there are a couple internal dividers, the outside pockets hold more than you'd think. Firewood season, don't mind the truck...

IMG_0337.jpg

I feel you.

Creekster

Newly Enlightened
I just started using a Max Typhoon, working out very well too.
I have a Luanda waiting on deck also, never used it.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using my maxpedition fatboy gtg for about a week now and like it a lot more for edc than the la police gear bail out bag. The bail out bag is a very nice bag for the money and it serves many uses but it just isn't a ideal edc as it is big, bulky, and doesn't stay put when you move around. The fatboy stays in place better, is trimmer and keeps me from packing more than I will actually use on a daily basis. The bail out bag is now in the process of being switched over to my get home bag to keep in the car for longer travels.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I have a couple of internal frame packs, a Kelty Redstone 60L, and a Eastern Mountain Sports trail 35L. I got then to replace the older external frame packs that I had. I got them primarily to do wooded area SAR, and section hiking on the AT with my son. Fortunately the first never took place, and unfortunately, neither did the second.

The one that gets the most use is a little fanny/waist pack that holds two bottles of water, bug spray, etc.

Once when hunting in a goose blind, I found that a five gallon spackle bucket with a lid is a great tool for carrying gear. It is easy to carry, is completely waterproof, and can be used as a seat, a flotation device, or to carry wood or water.

Years ago, I carried a couple to the NYC Macy's Thanks Giving Day Parade. In one I had snacks, hot chocolate etc. The other, additional rain and cold weather gear. The plan was to get there early enough to use them as seats at the curb, but we got there late enough that we were five people deep. The kids used them as step stools to see over the crowd.

Borad

Enlightened
I have various things that attach to my belt in addition to the backpack. They interfere with the waist belt of the backpack and I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve special pants or special packs. I'm hoping to find some kind of belt extender that attaches to my belt and has a mini-belt under my regular belt, but not one of those gun holsters that strap to your leg. I'm beginning to consider making my own.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great thread here !

lovecpf

I have a Maxpedition Versapack Jumbo.

Very well constructed.

Don't want anything TOO big or heavy.
Not a backpack -- just a " man-purse ".
:cool:

Along with a flashlight & batteries,
Bic Lighter (with child-resistant PITA spring removed)
water bottle and couple Cliff Bars,
I carry my Kindle Paperwhite Reader.

In airplane mode, it lasts a LONG time on battery charge.
Plenty of contents on it, to keep me occupied.
It's in a "waterproof" plastic bag,
for some degree of protection from water, etc.

Oh, and a battery-powered USB charger,
(perhaps 12,000mAH)
to charge my cellphone and Kindle, if needed.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Been using the S.O.Tech Go Bag. Works as what it was built for. :cool:

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
When I'm out running errands and picking up things, I usually have my older model North Face Recon backpack with me... If I were to go hiking/camping, I would likely use my Sandpiper Of California backpack...