General Purpose Rail Adapter sales thread

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Will the Tri-V have a rail on it for use with these?

It looks like it in the pics, but I don't know what your final design decisions are.

I want to oder one of these in anticipation for the Tri-V.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Will the Tri-V have a rail on it for use with these?

It looks like it in the pics, but I don't know what your final design decisions are.

I want to oder one of these in anticipation for the Tri-V.

Yes. The Tri-V uses the 007 body and the 007 body always has a rail on it. I did post pics of the prototype head on a body that was not completed yet but it will get a rail too.

Cheers
Dave

mendhammarsh

Enlightened
Another brilliant design by Data.
Received the General Purpose Rail today. The General purpose rail fitted with the SPY 007 mates perfectly with the very small Sony VCT-MTK Travel Kit tripod. Thank you Dave.
GeneralRail.jpg

X_Marine

Enlightened
Sorry Dave for the lack of response.

I wanted to of course confirm safe delivery and also thank you for your kind generosity. And the little scrap piece is the perfect size and will allow me many test and enough to resurface for many more test.

Also I will get some pics up when I get a little bit more caught up.

Again, many thanks.
And I shall retaliate of course. :naughty:
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

Chief-Yeah

Newly Enlightened
far be it from me to question your artistic integrity but is there any chance of getting a Ti version of this ?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
far be it from me to question your artistic integrity but is there any chance of getting a Ti version of this ?
Chief, what is your goal for a titanium GPA? And what would you like to attach it to? The details matter because maybe it would take another form! One form I have been thinking about is a clip on GPA/surface mount with a lock down. Something that would be easy for somebody to use one handed. Please share your thoughts.

I do not think there is enough interest in a standard TiGPA given how well aluminum does the job. The aluminum part is very strong. The other advantage of aluminum, especially bare aluminum, is it is easy to mod. I do not know anybody that has customized it but at least they can.

The one thing I myself always wanted connected to the 007 was a small carabiner. We are considering that now. I would like to clip the light on my belt loop and just let it dangle. To make this work I would want to slim down the aluminum GPA just a little and integrate it into the carabiner.

Cheers
Dave

Chief-Yeah

Newly Enlightened
hey Dave,sorry for the late reply.I would most likely use it for the camera/tripod mounting and wasn't really looking to use it for anything other than what you have pictured already.
I'm guessing it probably wouldn't be cost effective in the long run if you had to machine something other than what you're already set up for with the aluminum version anyway.
Btw,I love the carabiner idea too.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

Payment sent for one GPA!

Looking forward to getting it!

I have several Ideas for this!:thinking:

Looks like I'll have to save up for another should I be lucky enough to secure a Tri-V..:grin2:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the mini tripod idea.:party:
I will prolly order one in the new year too.
Trying to "visualize" the best application for this at the cabin. Don't want it fixed in one place, so thinking of options.
Lighting for bedroom ( will need something on the ceiling possibly), for cards at night, the tripod will be perfect to use like a mini spot light ( on low of course), could light up the front yard if mounted just right.....

littlerm

Newly Enlightened
Ill take one too, anyone have any ideas on what flexible stand to use so it can be a takslight type affair.
Dave, how much would I need to send you, i think you owe me a small amount :grin2: