• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Giveaway: datiLED Battery Drainers for Thanksgiving

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
2021 has been a challenging year for most of us in one way or another. Despite all of the events that have taken place in our personal lives and the world around us, there is always something to be thankful for. Some people may need to look harder than others, but with a bit of consideration we can all think of something. These are the things that we should dwell on. With that in mind, and Thanksgiving just around the corner, I would like to do a small giveaway of various battery drainers that I have built.

The rules are simple.
1. Share something that you are thankful for. It can be an event, a person or anything that brings you joy.
2. Post only once in the thread.
3. Open to U.S. residents only anyone with a U.S. mailing address. I apologize to our International friends, but the shipping is an issue for me.
4. The giveaway will end at 11:59pm on November 20, and seven (7) winners will be drawn at random using automated software. It will take time to organize and notify the winners, and additional time will be required for the selection process. Please be patient for this part!
5. The winners by order of selection will have the opportunity to select their battery drainer from those available or remaining. Obviously, the person chosen last has no say in the matter and will get the remaining light.

Now the fun stuff. From back row, left to right
k8NDozV.jpg

10mm ZXLD381 (1.5V) battery drainer with 3400K high CRI LED. Perfect for draining AAA cells (or any other 1.5V battery). Will not stick to vertical surfaces like other drainers, but so tiny and cute.
3IFmCuM.jpg

Original 1.5V VoltVamp circuit with some PCB artwork that I was testing. 5400K high CRI LED and koi silk screen.
NJnA7rB.jpg

1.5V through hole battery drainer prototype with cool Nichia GS LED. A real performer and drains cells low. Plus, you get to see the circuit!
bsD0L7R.jpg

CLAIMED 1.5V original VoltVamp with 3400K high CRI LED. Magnets do not stack, but it is an over achiever.
5eNkKgk.jpg

CLAIMED 3V battery drainer with slow color change LED. Good brightness and color changing display while draining 1.5V or 3V cells that won't work in other lights.
9MFAfg6.jpg

CLAIMED 3V battery drainer with 3400K high CRI LED. Gets the last lumens out of the 1.5V or 3V cells that won't work in other lights.
i6Xe3h9.jpg

CLAIMED Parallel 1.5V VoltVamp battery drainers with 5400K high CRI LEDs. Twice the light, while draining two batteries. Can be used with a single battery to drain it twice as fast. It seemed like a good idea at one time, but now that I type it out?
3eASnEU.jpg

nv25uAM.jpg

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that I should be the first to share what I am thankful for. I am thankful that my family and I are remaining healthy, and that I am still employed. Things that I do not ever take for granted.

Don't worry! I won't enter myself into the drawing.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thankful for my wife giving birth to our baby girl just less than a month ago. It's been a constant lack of sleep but still a joy to be a Father.

PS - I have a US address if that's ok, if not I understand!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thankful for friends and family along with everyone helping others through these difficult times.

And Thanks for the contest!

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thankful for good health, my own and my family's, and for the growing recognition, especially among young people, of the importance of the health of the earth.

pc_light

Enlightened
I am grateful for the hope that everyday brings the opportunity of something better.

On a more mundane note I appreciate folks like you (datiLED) who keep this hobby alive. The builds and mods are what I look forward to on these boards.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Great giveaway here. I'm thankful for the good lord to provide me with a job to where I can provide for my family, and even more thankful for a healthy wife and 2 beautiful healthy daughters. Life is good and couldn't ask for much more. 🙏🏻

djj

Newly Enlightened
I'm thankful for my family's health, my friends' company, the opportunity to do meaningful work, and a safe home.

I wish the same for everyone.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
This is so cool of you, man.

I am grateful for many things in a dark year.

I'm grateful that I recently found a huge bunch of chanterelles not far from our home, and we had most of them on a pizza.

unclearty

Enlightened
I am thankful that I survived Covid.....and that I had a wonderful wife who took amazing care of me when I got home from the hospital.

Thanks for doing this!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very generous of you datiLED. I'm thankful for the relative overall health of my family. Though I can't say that we went through the past two years unscathed, it definitely could have been worse.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thankful for my wife surviving a stroke this year with no ill effects.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thankful for my family. Working through COVID in a busy ER has been rough. My family kept me going day in and day out when there was no break or relief in sight.

Thank you datiLED for this generous giveaway!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, thank you to everyone who shared what they were thankful for. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments.

Now the list of winners is as follows:
1. ledbetter
2. pc_light
3. xx0
4. troutpool
5. KuanR
6. djj
7. PoliceScannerMan

I will be reaching out to each of you in the next day or so.
All of the battery drainers have been chosen and will ship soon!

Last edited: