Giveaway Thread (general info)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Telly, I sent you a PM. Need clarification.

Everyone, when sending an address, please make it clear what format it is in. For example, USA addresses are typically written

First Name Last Name
Street Number Street Name
City, State ZIP

I am aware that not every place uses this format...but the shipping forms have specific fields. If I can't tell which part of the address is which, and end up guessing wrong, the shipment may be delayed.

Thank you for your attention.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next giveaway is live!

This is a three-part giveaway. Two of them are available strictly for domestic shipping, and one is available for international shipping as well (keeps costs and paperwork down, and still allows everyone to participate). I am not specifying which light is available for international shipping...just that I will only ship one outside the country. If someone outside the USA wins first pick, for example, he or she can choose among all three lights. The next two people will need domestic addresses, and pick from the remaining two lights.

I'll take the first twelve valid responses, do a random drawing to determine the winners, and then let people pick which one they want. Each winner will have the standard forty-eight hours to respond, or I will move to the next person on the list.

Post must include "I am in for an EDC light". Please also include something interesting...a story, pic, video, or link. No judging based on content, but I want you to provide something of value to the thread. Commenting on other content or explaining who you might give a light to is fine (and in fact I encourage you to do so) but you need to provide something unique in your post also.

First item is an L3 Illumination L10, bright green in color. Four mode AA light with cool white XP-G2 emitter.

Second item is an Olight i3s, red in color. Three mode AAA light.

Third item is a Lumintop Tool AAA. Rather than the typical twisty, this is one of the few AAA lights that has a high-quality click switch. Almost decided to keep this one...of all the lights in my EDC round-up, this was probably my favorite.

Good luck!

Daba

Newly Enlightened
I am in for an EDC light...

rXe1tBb.gif

:wave:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for an EDC light. If you are ever alone and think you are having a heart attack and suddenly feel like you are passing our, force yourself to cough as hard as you can continuously. This may keep you conscious long enough to dial 911. "Cough CPR" has been documented, and I actually witnessed if firsthand- we were doing an Angiogram on a patient with severe coronary artery disease when suddenly his heart developed a life threat rhythm where it basic just quivered. We instructed the patient to cough and he was able to stay conscious until we had the defibrillator in place. He stopped coughing, we delivered the shock, converting his rhythm to normal. We ended up doing surgery that day and he went home 5 days later and has remained healthy since.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
When my brother and I were young, we used to build elaborate layouts with Legos... in particular, "Space" Legos, like this. Now that my daughter is getting old enough for that sort of thing, we've started building Lego sets together. Being the nerd that I am, I bought this for us to build last weekend. Truth be told, I'm pretty sure I enjoy building these models more than she does ;)

For Mother's Day, my gift was to buy this, which kept us busy and out of my wife's hair for a few hours.

Romantic, yes?

---------------------------
I always wanted a Lumintop Tool, so...
I am in for an EDC light

Telly

Newly Enlightened
Telly, I sent you a PM. Need clarification.

Everyone, when sending an address, please make it clear what format it is in. For example, USA addresses are typically written

First Name Last Name
Street Number Street Name
City, State ZIP

I am aware that not every place uses this format...but the shipping forms have specific fields. If I can't tell which part of the address is which, and end up guessing wrong, the shipment may be delayed.

Thank you for your attention.

PM sent sir

scwood

Newly Enlightened
I am in for an EDC light.
I have had the good fortune to visit most of the lighthouses on the east coast from Virgina to Daytona Beach Fla.the forum is called candle power witch was the source of light for some light houses.The lens of a light house can magnify a whale oil lamp so it can be seen for miles.This is truly a light to admire!