Glow Rings

PhilAlex

Enlightened
So, I see a bunch people got 'em.

Nice. I find 'em on the web.

They won't ship to Canada, or the US for that matter!

How'd you guys get 'em?

B@rt

Flashaholic
All colors
grin.gif
traser.jpeg

Bart

B@rt

Flashaholic
Ed wrote
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How did you do yours? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you figured it out already

wink.gif

Hi Big Tex,
it's not so hard. In your case, go to the page the pic is posted on and copy the url of the pic. Go to CPF page you would like to post on and ad reply. Click on instant UBB Code "image", paste url, and presto!
grin.gif

fe09d3e2.jpg.orig.jpg

Bart

Big Tex

Enlightened
BlackBart, thanx for the info and fixing the pic. Personally, I still like the old version GlowRing.

rycen

Enlightened
Ok ok you got me,where Can I get one in the US.Any info is great.Thanks
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
tritium1.jpg

tritium2.jpg

This is my arsenal of Glow Rings.
The three big ones on the bottom are the newer version with larger diameter tubes (the photo exxagerates this) and they're visibly brighter than the old models; though not by a lot.

They are difficult to photograph correctly; the camera's auto-focus seems to be "thrown" somehow, and it cannot be defeated in short focus mode (the camera's built-in macro).
I can photograph them *individually* with my own macro lens attached by setting the camera to landscape scene mode, but the group picture will be hard to get any better than the ones shown here.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought there was some contraversy about these Glow Rings. I thought they were banned from the US for some kind of safety issue.
Is there some reason why these new Glow Rings are now being allowed? Or are we smuggling them in?
grin.gif
grin.gif

THey are probably build to contain the radiation better huh?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
I thought there was some contraversy about these Glow Rings. I thought they were banned from the US for some kind of safety issue.
Is there some reason why these new Glow Rings are now being allowed? Or are we smuggling them in?
THey are probably build to contain the radiation better huh?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fact is, you'll absorb far more emissions just being around granite buildings, or being on an airline flight than being in contact with dozens of the old and new glowrings -all put together
tongue.gif
grin.gif

-just plain silly to worry about any problem with this stuff..we used to make tritium from Li-6 @ Savannah River Facility
grin.gif
grin.gif

Latest posts