Good EDC Folding Knife.

97guns

Newly Enlightened
i carried a crkt m16 for over 5 years without any problems. im really hard on my daily carry knives and it really is a stout piece. the price is a little high though, i think i paid $25 for it back in the turn of the century.

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
i carried a crkt m16 for over 5 years without any problems. im really hard on my daily carry knives and it really is a stout piece. the price is a little high though, i think i paid $25 for it back in the turn of the century.
Would you say it's worth the $47? How often do you need to sharpen it?

97guns

Newly Enlightened
id say its worth $47 but for that money you can get a little better knife in better steel. i carried a sog elite II for a year or 2 and it held an edge much better than the m16. the m16 is aus8 and my elite is vg10. if you shop on ebay check the m16's out there, i have to say that my early model m16 has much better build quality than the current production pieces too. i bought one last year and didn't like the action on it so i dumped it off.

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
id say its worth $47 but for that money you can get a little better knife in better steel. i carried a sog elite II for a year or 2 and it held an edge much better than the m16. the m16 is aus8 and my elite is vg10. if you shop on ebay check the m16's out there, i have to say that my early model m16 has much better build quality than the current production pieces too. i bought one last year and didn't like the action on it so i dumped it off.
I checked it out, it was $170 on their site, and it looked a bit big. Is there a nice small knife I can easily carry in my pocket, that doesn't cost too much? I don't like buying from sites like eBay, Amazon, etc.

97guns

Newly Enlightened
sogs are great knives and i would reccomend one over a crkt. most of the sogs are made in japan as opposed to taiwan in the crkt's. take a look at this guys prices.

knifesupply.com

i buy alot of knives and have bought a ton of them from him purely based on his awesome pricing.

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
sogs are great knives and i would reccomend one over a crkt. most of the sogs are made in japan as opposed to taiwan in the crkt's. take a look at this guys prices.

knifesupply.com

i buy alot of knives and have bought a ton of them from him purely based on his awesome pricing.
Hmm, I looked at the Spec Elite II, but it was a bit too long closed for my preferences. I also discarded the Twitch, I like having the blade as long as or close to the length of the handle.

What about this one? http://www.sog-knives.net/sog-knife.php?prodnum=VS-01

Last edited:

97guns

Newly Enlightened
take a look at benchmades vex, its a taiwan knife but its pretty nice. good price too.

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
ive never handled it but im a fan of the arc lock
The blade looks a bit too tall. I mean from the bottom of the blade to the top where the thumb ring is. Also, I'm not a big fan of thumb rings. I prefer folding knives that can snap open quickly and easily, using thumbs studs, or more preferably something like the mechanism on the Twitch's.

PG5768

Newly Enlightened
IMO, for under $100 Benchmade, Kershaw, and Spyderco have knives that are better value than those from CRKT and SOG. I own knives from all of these companies and the first three produce better knives for the money (again IMO).

Online stores that I've had success with are Jay's Knives, Knifecenter and New Graham Knives. Their prices are below MSRP, sometimes way below and their service has been great.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited:

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
IMO, for under $100 Benchmade, Kershaw, and Spyderco have knives that are better value than those from CRKT and SOG. I own knives from all of these companies and the first three produce better knives for the money (again IMO).

Online stores that I've had success with are Jay's Knives, Knifecenter and New Graham Knives. Their prices are below MSRP, sometimes way below and their service has been great.

Good luck in your quest.
I checked them all out, I like this one the best so far. http://www.sog-knives.net/sog-knife.php?prodnum=VL-04

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
You have to go with what you like. Especially in the looks department. Try to handle it, along with some others that you like before you buy, then you'd be able to make your best choice. Again, good luck.
Ok, thanks.

MaxIcon

Newly Enlightened
After many years of carrying knives, my favorite is the Kershaw Blur assisted opener. It's a bit heavy for some, but is sturdy and has a fast, snappy open. It's good quality without being so expensive I worry about it.

It's got grippy inserts that give it a nice hand feel without being aggressive enough to tear up your pockets, and I like the heft and balance.

I consider it the best buy there is in an under $50 assisted opener. I'd definitely recommend trying one out.

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
After many years of carrying knives, my favorite is the Kershaw Blur assisted opener. It's a bit heavy for some, but is sturdy and has a fast, snappy open. It's good quality without being so expensive I worry about it.

It's got grippy inserts that give it a nice hand feel without being aggressive enough to tear up your pockets, and I like the heft and balance.

I consider it the best buy there is in an under $50 assisted opener. I'd definitely recommend trying one out.
The blade looks a bit too big for my tastes.

Latest posts