Google Earth

drizzle

Enlightened
Mine's still working too.

If I understand what everyone's saying, not only can you not download you can't even install if you have the download. But it apparently doesn't affect already installed copies.

I hope this is just temporary. I can imagine, with as cool as this is, that they are swamped with thousands and thousands, maybe millions of people all trying to install. You would think that Google of all companies would be able to prepare for something like this but maybe not.

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
From their site:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

drizzle

Enlightened
Thanks for the solid info Canuckle.

I forgot that it's still in Beta after all. Scaling for progressively larger numbers of users is exactly the kind of thing they would be doing.

greenLED

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif I downloaded and installed the file from PEU's link, but it won't log in. Something about firewall blocking, or other software interfering with Google Earth. I made some changes listed in their support website, but it still doesn't log in. I suspect, this may need exclusive log-in/download combo or something like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Play their own game, open an account in yahoo/hotmail/gmail or even better use a disposable mail service (www.mailinator.com) and go for their google pro 7day trial. Its the same but with a TRIAL banner in the middle of the screen

My free version is working OK at the office and at home. Good Luck

Pablo

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes it worked again.
ahh thanks for this , i now have maped the entire earth into my PDA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif well almost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif