got a little $$ want a new 1X123 light....

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man so many lights, so little $$ :mecry: Wish I had the cash for an Angel CX, Incendio, and a D-mini. So the P2D is a absolute no no on RCR123's? or just running on turbo for long periods? (thought i had heard of people using them)

The nighcore sounds promising.... VG

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My advice since I have been there.....double your budget get a good used Surefire L1 Cree with 2 stage for $100 from the sales forum and $50 for batteries and you are set for at least 1 year maybe 2 years.

If you try to compromise as I seen it done often you will end up spending more and not with a quality 123 light.

A wise saleperson once said: "Either change your style or your budget"
so either get the L1 (budget) or at the $50 you want to spend you are looking at AA light (style) that may have decent quality.

Chris

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about getting one of those Dorcy Super 1 Watt and transplanting the luxeon with a SSC-P4....

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gagetnerd: very cool looking!

Marinemaster:
I have been there too! (look at my post count) I am silly with surefire lights, got plenty of them, and i agree, the best made period.(and HDS) but life sometimes hands you compromises and that is what drives my seach for a more affordable light at the moment. I have given a lot of thought to a E1B, because of the very reasons you state plus the fact it's brighter and judging by my experience with the 4th gen KL-1 based LED heads i am sure it throws well. for me also, SF's direction it took with the new LED's is more runtime vs a small increase in output. This is really the best for duty use and LEO's that need the failproof SF quality. I even mentioned I wish i didn't lose my KL-1and/or SF or someone made a brighter LED head for E series SF bodies.

But after careful consideration and research, the lumapower and fenix brands
seem to be in general, a realitively reliable, and usable alternative.

also frankly I want 100 lumens or more, and the L1 does not do that, even if some of these brands may fib a bit on true output. I am looking for a very bright 1X123 thrower and a D-mini as an example only, from the reviews i have read, as fine as the L1 and E1B are they won't do what the D-mini digital will. VG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mentioned in my last post that i wish there was a LED head that out that fit E series Surefire bodies,, is it possible I may have missed one? (other then the SF KL-1, Im sure it's nice but still not enough lumens) let me know if so. VG