got gas?

markr6

Flashaholic
Aw, shame.....

Tell them to call me, once it goes past $8 per gallon. That's the UK average price!! :laughing:

Ouch! Luckily you could drive across the county in the time it would take me to simply get out of one state.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Small town USA is resupplied near my work. I pulled into a local station for their country fried fish dinner with mashed potatoes and collards and saw they too have gasoline again. There's no big lines either. Actually 6 out of 8 pumps don't have cars waiting as I type this.

Now diesel? That's another story.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heard someone tried drilling into the gas tank of a Uhaul truck to steal gas. People are getting desperate and stupid, a scary combination.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Heard someone tried drilling into the gas tank of a Uhaul truck to steal gas. People are getting desperate and stupid, a scary combination.

I think people used to use a screwdriver or ice pick to poke a hole in a gas tank and put a pan under it to catch gas. I'm guessing as long as it isn't leaking when you puncture it there is nothing to catch on fire but get it leaking and hit it again and a spark could be a problem.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I didn't top off yesterday knowing I have another 150 mile trek with 125 miles worth of fuel left. There was only one filling station in my town still out yesterday. But what made me happy was seeing all those little towns have fuel again.

A couple days this week there were periods I was setting next to a normally crowded interstate and there periods of 2 or 3 minutes with no traffic whizzing past. Then a few vehicles, then nothing again. And not because a wreck had shut it down. It was as if it were 3am and the sun was still shining. At 3am traffic goes past in spurts like that.

They were back out yesterday. Boats, campers, truckers and it seemed like every few minutes another gasoline tanker went past. The strangest thing though was no Teslas going past on the days with low traffic counts. I normally see several of those each day. That and Prius or Volts etc but Wednesday and Thursday I didn't see any. Perhaps they were afraid of ice pick wielding gasoline hoarders with trash bags full of gasoline? I dunno.

Tasky

Newly Enlightened
Ouch! Luckily you could drive across the county in the time it would take me to simply get out of one state.
Distance-wise yes.
But time-wise, I think our speed limits, perpetual road works and heavy traffic would mean you're more likely to hit the State Line before I even make it through Bridgewater... and that's assuming I don't burn through a whole tank waiting for all the traffic lights in Slough to change!! :D