Got my Expedition today

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was sitting next to the mail box sipping a coke and watching the silver birds flying to the airport in the distance, wondering which one was carrying my new love. Suddenly our mailman came around the corner and headed my way. Could today be the day? He leaned out of his truck and held out a package...hey Ken, got something for you from CCrane. Trying to control my trembling hands(I did not want him to see my excitement as I had read a post from another of our members whom warned how these Santa Claus mailmen can turn on innocent flashlighters and start name calling) I reached out, resisting my urge to hug him, and took it. Thanks, have a good day. I waited for him to round the corner and made a beeline for the house. Stopping in the living room I ripped open the package and beheld my new beauty, the CCrane Expedition. I looked at the time-40 minutes till the wife gets home and spoils the moment. I grabbed her up, ran down the hall and into the bedroom, my little poodle Scooter following closely at my heels sensing something wondrous was about to happen. I closed the door hit the light switch and leapt on the bed. Slowly I turned the head until WOW! Here we are...! Deep in the jungles of South America at night. Just me, Scooter and my friends in this forum...the beam from the Expedition pouring out, lighting our way. Listen to the sounds...lions and tigers...oh my...things with teeth all over the place! Are we scared? Naw...not with this baby driving the darkness away. Look...over there...its a lost city...THE LOST CITY OF GOLD!!... LIT UP FROM END TO END!!??? Oops..sorry..wrong light (grabbed the Edwood Sun Blaster for a moment, back on track now). WOW!!...CHECK THIS ROOM OUT!!...LUSHES NAKED AMAZON WOMEN, ALL BECKONING ME TO THEM!!(unbelievable but its true)AND IN THE CENTER, THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!! Hmm...taste a little funny...ITS BEER!! WHAT EVER BRAND YOU WANT!!...AND LOOK IN THIS ROOM...BEAUTIFUL RUBIES,SAPPHIRES AND EMERALDS sparkling brightly in the pure white beam this powerhouse puts out...hold on...they sure have funny shapes...GLASS INSULATORS!!!?? ARGH... SOMEONE MUST HAVE ALREADY BEEN HERE REVIEWING THIS LIGHT!!..Oh well, no point in going on about the light, guess I`ll just go back to the first room and QUIET...whats that horrible sound...keeeeen...keeen...Ken wake up. Why do you have that big smile on your face? Well...I was just dreaming of you. Well get up. I want to go to Wal-mart before the kids get home. Hmm...this might not be so bad, they have flashlights don`t they?

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KenB on 12-06-2000 at 11:10 AM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Man, we are a sick bunch indeed!

Can't wait for my LED Corp PR replacement to show up. Taking the dog for a walk at 11pm in the dark park has never been this much fun until these silly white LED's came into town. People must laugh at me - 5 or more flashlights weighing down my coat pockets...the funniest are the headlamp prototypes attached to my head.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

KenB, that was awesome! Thanks for the laugh. Most fun I've had all day. I've been to that place before, I think. But it was my Photon (my first and -so far- only LED light) that led the way. Couldn't have described it like you, though.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ken,
That was fantastic. You sound like a professional writer. Very nice.

Now I just need a way to stop hiding under the bed if my wife beats me to the mailbox.

What's this? Another light thing?
Don't you have enough?
How much was this one?
Why do you NEED green?

Is it me, or is a regular flashlight just not as exciting anymore? Once you've used an LED it's hard to switch back.

I predict by this time next year, they'll be double the amount of available LED's.

All hail Wal-Mart!!

grin.gif
)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenB:
...AND LOOK IN THIS ROOM...BEAUTIFUL RUBIES,SAPPHIRES AND EMERALDS sparkling brightly in the pure white beam this powerhouse puts out...hold on...they sure have funny shapes...GLASS INSULATORS!!!?? ARGH... SOMEONE MUST HAVE ALREADY BEEN HERE REVIEWING THIS LIGHT!!..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, sorry about that. Did I leave part of my insulator collection behind? Now where's that CD303/310 Muncie combo I brought over...
Oh watch out, please don't knock over my EC&M!! That's the only one I've got!
wink.gif

I also got my hands on one of the newer C.C.Expedition lights the other day. It's noticeably brighter than I remember from when I borrowed Brock's Expedition. I wonder if they switched to 5600 or even 6000mcd white LEDs for this model.

I haven't yet tried a new green Expedition, but one of these days I'll probably get a shot at it.

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

------------------