Got my Freelight today *Moved to Buy/Sell/Trade*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
This is a great little light and will become a good everyday/evernight light will know how bright it is when it finally gets dark. It is a little smaller than the remote for my car. The only improvement on this light would be a constant on feature.

Rene and Roger thank you for all the work you did.

Brock

Flashaholic
I second that thanks to Rene and Roger. My wife saw the light and took it to replace her Photon II on her key chain. She regularly left it on and I had to change the batteries for her, so she really wanted this one.

It is smaller then I would have thought. About the same brightness as a 10 min used Photon. Very cool.

Darell

Flashaholic
Ha! Only Brock and his wife would be fighting over a new flashlight during the first week of their son's life!
grin.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's here! The Free Lights have arrived, and they are just great. Thank you very much, Rene and Roger, for making this possible. Rene, please also convey my appreciation to your son for his part in this.

The lights are in absolutely perfect condition, and much brighter than I thought they would be. I can hardly wait for the sun to go down so that I can have more fun with them. Thanks again, Rene and Roger.

flashfan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've been keeping mine like a mushroom (in the dark all the time) and I haven't managed to deplete it just yet. But with all the other lights I've gotten recently, I'd be surprised if I got to use the Freelight 5 minutes a day.
blush.gif

Then this morning, I got a whole bunch of new attachments for my vacuum cleaner, so that's been keeping me busy today.
tongue.gif

I'm going to have to petition the world government to extend the day to 29 hours, so I'll have enough time to do everything!
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:

I'm going to have to petition the world government to extend the day to 29 hours, so I'll have enough time to do everything!
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Vote Darell for Supreme Ruler, and I'll make that dream a reality. That's fifth on the list....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am JEALOUS. Let's see, from Switzerland, through Customs, all the way to Hawaii...DANG.

mekki

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today too! Thanks Rene and Roger for dealing with all the hassles of putting this together.

I'm seriously smitten with this light!

Christian

beam_me_up

Enlightened
If you want a constant on feature for your free light I had an idea of somehow attaching something like a pen clip (part on a pen so you can clip it on a pocket) on a swivvle so you can make it push down the button on the light....I don't remember what LED light it is but one of the keychain lights uses this sort of technique for it's constant on feature

remuen

Enlightened
Thank you for all your enthusiastic and grateful posts and emails!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Your satisfaction is my gratification. In the past I have taken a lot of benefit from you because you share what you have and what you know. This was my chance to give something back!

I am now interested to see who has already received his Free Light(s) and it would be nice if everyone puts his name in this list as soon as he has gotten the lights. As earlier done just copy the list into your post and add your name. Let's start with the names I already know:

*something ridiculos ?
Klaus
Graham
Lonewolf
STC
Brock
flashfan
mekki

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zerox:
you could always order your light at http://www.tadgear.com/X-treme%20Gear/free-light.htm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems that Avexa now has found a distributor and everyone interested in a Free Light can buy it quite easy at Tad Gear.

Just to remind you:
JollyRogers bought a few extra Free Lights for the ones who have missed the group buy. As far as I can see he offers these few remaining lights cheeper than Tad Gear (they charge min. $6 for s/h).

Ok, as soon as you have received your Free Light please add your name to the list! Thank you!

STC

Newly Enlightened
YIPPEE!! My Freelights arrived today. Wow! that was fast from Switzerland! I love this thing. Right out of the box, it is slightly brighter than an Arc LE and almost as bright as a fairly new P2. Rene and Roger thank you for all your efforts to get these babies to their new homes. There was also an unexpected bonus in the envelope.
grin.gif
shocked.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Yes! I haven't gotten my Free Light's yet...but I'm hoping...very soon..I too can't wait to play with these things!

Well, Rene is right. I did order a bunch of extras....and I'm going to charge a flat fee of $22 plus shipping (at cost), which should be no more than...$0.50? $1?

Maybe I'll just make it $22 including shipping...I'll have to see how much shipping is (standard first class) on this package weight (I don't know yet b/c I don't have them....)

Sound fair to all latecomers? Really, I'm only making a couple of bucks profit...so I think it's a good deal.

Once everyone has received his Free Light, I think I might see if there's enough interest in a greenie group buy...

AndyJ

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived!

What a great lite! And thanks for the treat!

*something ridiculos ?
Klaus
Graham
Lonewolf
STC
Brock
flashfan
mekki
Terrapin Flyer
AndyJ

MY

Enlightened
Nice light and thanks for the extra surprise which my wife quickly intercepted and enjoyed!

The light is smaller and brighter than I thought and quite well made. I have concerns about putting it in my pocket for fear of damaging the solar panel. My only wish is for it to have a constant on switch.

Thanks again for everyone to make this buy work.

*something ridiculos ?
Klaus
Graham
Lonewolf
STC
Brock
flashfan
mekki
Terrapin Flyer
AndyJ
LoveLight
MY

Evan

Enlightened
Thanks again to reuman & JollyRoger

*something ridiculos ?
Klaus
Graham
Lonewolf
STC
Brock
flashfan
mekki
Terrapin Flyer
AndyJ
LoveLight
MY
Evan

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by MY:
[QB] I have concerns about putting it in my pocket for fear of damaging the solar panel.

I'm betting that the solar panel is quite rugged. They're coated with a pretty thick sheet of some sort of polymer that is tough as nails, typically (I say all this like I have one to talk about). There really isn't a whole lot you can do to damage a PV cell, actually.

Darell

Flashaholic
If I add my name to the list, do you think my lights will get here sooner?
grin.gif

Roger, First Class shipping should not be more than 50c in a padded envelope...unless the FreeLight packaging is made with lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.