got my M4 devastator last night.... truly devastating >>>

eldopa

Newly Enlightened
g*dd**n...that thing is bright .. it THROWS a devastating tunnel of warm incandescent light down range with the greatest of ease.. i gotta say that it is my belief that LED light cant touch incandescent light (for now anyways).
the size of this light would be the only down side. i do like the look of a fat bezel with a slim body.. it obviously isnt going in the pocket though.. i have a vltor picatiny mount that fits the light perfectly. it mates to my rifle well. in all honesty, its the perfect light for my needs. it just about baked the paint on my neighbors house last night. for the application of a rifle light it seems imperative that the light throw a spot as far as possible. engagements out past 100 meters would be doable at night with the proper light.
it would be nice to have a low beam, but oh-well..

cheers .. dave

Last edited by a moderator:

computernut

Enlightened
Re: got my M4 devastator last night.... truely devastating >>>

The M4 is on my list of lights to get. Do you have any good pics to share?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

*******...that mo-fo is bright .. it THROWS a devastating tunnel of warm incandescent light down range with the greatest of ease.. i gotta say that it is my belief that LED light cant touch incandescent light (for now anyways).
the size of this light would be the only down side. i do like the look of a fat bezel with a slim body.. it obviously isnt going in the pocket though.. i have a vltor picatiny mount that fits the light perfectly. it mates to my rifle well. in all honesty, its the perfect light for my needs. it just about baked the paint on my neighbors house last night. for the application of a rifle light it seems imperative that the light throw a spot as far as possible. engagements out past 100 meters would be doable at night with the proper light.
it would be nice to have a low beam, but oh-well..

cheers .. dave
You can put two AW 17670 li-ion batteries in your M4 and use a truckload of SureFire or Lumens Factory lamp assemblies. No mods need, it's completely turnkey. Welcome to the world of Guilty Free Lumens!

By the way, you can use the SureFire difuser or color filter with a low-output lamp assembly, for your lower output with floodier beam pattern needs (which won't hurt your eyes during close range tasks)

eldopa

Newly Enlightened

3727396798_7a1242e626.jpg

heres a photo of the light. ill get some beam shots tonight.. thanx for the info guys..

dave

eldopa

Newly Enlightened

You can put two AW 17670 li-ion batteries in your M4 and use a truckload of SureFire or Lumens Factory lamp assemblies. No mods need, it's completely turnkey. Welcome to the world of Guilty Free Lumens!

those batteries are 3.7 volt each right?? so, a total of 7.2 volts would be achieved as opposed to the 12 volts of the 4 3 volt cr123a's. how will this affect the lumen output??

dave

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

those batteries are 3.7 volt each right?? so, a total of 7.2 volts would be achieved as opposed to the 12 volts of the 4 3 volt cr123a's. how will this affect the lumen output??

dave
Plenty of bulbs are made with that voltage in mind, so you just need to use a proper lamp assembly. You'll not use the stock MN60 or MN61 with those batteries.

By the way, two 17670 li-ion batteries deliver 8.4+ volts, not 7.2v (this is only under extreme loads).

Read these hot topics ASAP -->> https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161536

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2998993#post2998993

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/228965

HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited:

eldopa

Newly Enlightened

ah.. ok.. well, im sorta broke as of late, but that gear is on my shoppin list..

dave

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

With the use of two rechargeable 17670 cells use the LumenFactory EO-M3T bulb.

EO-M3T Extreme High Output 9V, 450 Lumens Extreme High Output Lamp Assembly
(For 3 x CR123A or 2 x 3.7V Rechargeable Battery, M Series Flashlights)

-Extreme High Output Ultra High Pressure Xenon Lamp (450 Lumens)
-Highest Achievable Colour Temperature (3325K)
-Unique Filament Design
-Precision Machined Aluminum Lamp Assembly
-Every Lamp Assembly is Pre-Focused for the Ultimate Spot
-Compatible with all Flashlights that use the M Series Xenon Lamp Assemblies.

Compatible with:

Surefire®M4 using 2 x 3.7V Rechargeable (17670)
Runtime (17670 Rec.): ~30 min

eldopa

Newly Enlightened

nice light. i like the custom look better. besides, your light is exclusive to you. im gonna mod mine as well..

eldopa

Newly Enlightened

oh... im drooling over the strider GB tanto.. gotta have it!! its painful having an eye for quality and expensive toys and not being rich !!??
i always gravitate toward the most expensive and well made gadgets...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

You can also remove the head which can be added to the FM Megatropolis body and have a short, sleek M6 if you want. Note the M4 base finning is same diameter as Megatropolis. You need a bipin socket here (which you may want to grab just in case this is the last run), and the megatropolis if they come up for sale. See DM51's shootout that had me get my first M6 here.

mmmm6.jpg

Illum

Flashaholic

3727396798_7a1242e626.jpg

heres a photo of the light. ill get some beam shots tonight.. thanx for the info guys..

dave

the M4 just reminds me of something that can both generate light and beat someone to death with...as with the L7, the only "skinny looking" surefire models available:thumbsup:

citpeks2000

Newly Enlightened

i have a vltor picatiny mount that fits the light perfectly. it mates to my rifle well.
I've been looking for a way to mount my M4 to my AR-15. What model mount are you using?

jimbo@stn23

Newly Enlightened

I've been looking forward to getting mine but have to excercise patience and wait until Christmas. Great info regarding rechargeables. I've been looking to get into guilt free lumens and this seems like a fun platform to play with. Thanks folks.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast

The LumensFactory EO-M3T is a great lamp. I run mine off 2 17670s in my home made M4.