Got my SF C2 today!!!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah baby, thats' what I'm talking about!!! I am now in lust with Type III HA... I really like how its two-tone, the bezel and tailcap being lighter than the body. The pocket clip is great, but I can see how the lanyard ring not being able to go all the way around is annoying. Now I'm debating getting the shock isolated bezel and turning it into a M2, but I'm concerned that it won't be exactly the same color. I'm not worried about it suddenly being too big with the M2 head, it would still be small enough for EDC. Too bad the A19 doesn't come in HAIII, because that would be a great way to "make" a M3 - A19+M2 bezel+ M3 LA = M3!!.

But even it as it is, its fantastic. Highly recommended!!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3 LA won't fit in your M2 bezel, just the P series lamps. But nice purchase by the way! I wonder if we couldn't convince jbev to do another run of HA A19s. I have an A14 I would like in HA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm gonna hold off anyway. #1, I'm oh-so broke right now, #2, I was planning to get the 5W LED drop-ins from BugOutGear when they come out and therefore I won't need the M2 bezel. I just want to see a review of them first.

By the way, whats' the A14 do?

UVvis

Enlightened
A14's let you use the longer NiCd rechargable stick, they are longer than an A19.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A14 is also about the size of a Pila 150s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
KDOG, it is a good thing to run the 5 watt drop in with C2 bezel. You get that nice reflector to body contact that you would not get with the floating LA bezel setup of the M2. I prefer the same contact when I use my 3 watt drop in from BugOut Gear in my C2. The 3 watt drop in puts out quite a bit of heat when left on for extended periods, and it is comforting to know that the body and head are absorbing some of that heat. Better for the led.

Bill

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Bill without going too much off topic I think you have a good point. However, I've used my 3 watt LED replacement from BOG USA in my G2z for a very extended run the other night to see how much heat it gave out. I'm pleased to report that after the initial build up of heat the G2z settled down to a moderately warm hand held temperature. It didn't seem to get any hotter than that and there was no discernable ghange to the LED colour or output.

Although far from scientific I'm confident that that reflector and heatsink of the module are more than up to the job without metal to metal contact. Of course if anyone disagrees I'll gladly listen to their views!

Doug