Got the NEW Maglite ML25IT 2C

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So do G4 Bi-Pin fit in Maglite? Could you run 2x 21700 IMR in 3c mag with G4 Halogen for crazy brightness? When using standard 3c mag I can get a alu reflector & glas lens. Read about Philips 5761 30W G4. Peeps have used them in Mag mods as I have read. Over 700 lumens. Or is a adapter needed? Dimensions of G4 do not line up with standard MAG-num star bulbs. Just curious.
No g4 is different pin spacing and diameter. Plus such a bulb would melt reflector and lens and no aluminum reflector is available. Plus would probably melt the socket with so much heat. May also melt the switch internals with so much current.
Plus 2x imr 21700 would probably instaflash a 5761.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay. This threat is about the ML25 IT so I assumed that's what you were talking about.
If you get a standard mag light, aluminum reflector, glass lens, and G4 bulb adapter, then you can do what you proscribe.
This is an extremely well-known mod

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that fivemega says you can use his mag charger socket for a standard mag light. And all honesty though if you just want to really bright mag light, I would go on eBay and find a ROP 2 pack. That will give you close to a thousand lumens. There's not many good G4 bulbs left. The Phillips 7388 is pretty good but I haven't been able to find that in a while. And that bulb will definitely handle the big batteries

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that fivemega says you can use his mag charger socket for a standard mag light. And all honesty though if you just want to really bright mag light, I would go on eBay and find a ROP 2 pack. That will give you close to a thousand lumens. There's not many good G4 bulbs left. The Phillips 7388 is pretty good but I haven't been able to find that in a while. And that bulb will definitely handle the big batteries
5761 & 7388 are available here. Peli 3754 is a PR style bulb. Krypton PR maglites are no longer sold. How do I fit PR into modern Xenon Bi-Pin socket? Ive found G4 Adapter from t.customs that says for both old and new maglite C/D, but I cant find it for sale anywhere.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
68-B707-F4-4-C41-4-A0-C-AB59-A396-EB1-CC01-C.jpg

Left acrylite lens. Right glass lens
The acrylite lets up to 94% of the light out that the stock Maglite lens let out with ZERO artifacts showing in the beam.
Flashlightlens dot com has them pre-cut for the ML25.
Not for high output bulbs but to the left in the photo is a of a 3 cell using 2x18650's and a TL3 bulb with no adverse issues. Right is a 2cell (gen 2) version.

Attachments

• D382-FDF5-4-B54-4-D9-A-B007-2-B2-BE73-F9801.jpg
    D382-FDF5-4-B54-4-D9-A-B007-2-B2-BE73-F9801.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 140

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I frosted 6-cell bulb with glass etching cream and the beam is perfect, But you gonna loose a lot of throw.
You can frost small portion of bulb close to pins and leave top (close to dome) of bulb untouched for throw.

No, is about regular 3c Maglite with side switch. Not Ml25. Alu reflectors and glas lens are available for reg. 3C.
That's good part of M*glite side switch (2" head).
As of today:
1- Aluminum reflector is available.
2- 52mm Borofloat high temp lens is available.
3- Hi temp G4 socket is available.

4- 2.5" Throw Master is available.
5- 3" heads are available.

As far as I know, none of them are available for ML25
BTW, 2" reflector has better throw compare to 1.5" reflector of ML25

No g4 is different pin spacing and diameter. Plus such a bulb would melt reflector and lens and no aluminum reflector is available. Plus would probably melt the socket with so much heat. May also melt the switch internals with so much current.
Plus 2x imr 21700 would probably instaflash a 5761.
Bulbs with close to instaflash can be saved with resistance of side switch 2" head M*glite. ML25 M*gs doesn't have such switch and resistance.
Also Hi temp G4 sockets are available.
None of these are available for ML25 M*gs.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the battery tube a plain cylinder all the way through or is there some groove inside (for a C-ring like the incandescent C-cell tube)?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
1- ML25IT 3C with installed 6 cell bulb and pair of 21700
A- Plastic bi-pin
B- Plastic lens
C- Plastic reflector

D-Head twisty switch

2- 2x18650 TL-3
A- Hi temp bi-pin
B- Glass lens
C- Aluminum reflector

D- Tail clicky switch

Please pick one.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
One 3C with 2x21700, slightly textured metal reflector, coated glas lens & 10+W halogen. Now that I got my first side switch MAG I really appreciate it. Love the ergos on it and no twist required, set focus and leave it. You can pre-set focus on ml25 and twist tailcap for On/Off but its less convenient.

Ideal setup for me would be 2- or 3x 21700 or 26650 with dimmable 20+ watt halogen, deep maximum throw reflector, variable brightness slider side-switch + tail switch (kinda like HDS rotary/switch combo) & head twist for focus.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly. If you use it a few minutes at a time some blistering around the bulb area will show up but nothing bad. I ran mine 15-20 minutes at a time and got minor blistering with a stock lens and reflector. If you drill out about a millimeter or three around the bulb that won't be an issue as the bulb hugs the reflector.

Just take note of the raised area near the bulb on the back side of the reflector. It is what pushes down on the on/off switch similar to a minimag.

View attachment 17341
About 2 hours total use

View attachment 17342
Can drill some without issue

View attachment 17343
Really hugs the bulb.

So yeah, removing a little plastic from away from the bulb can help heat spread away from the plastic better.
This one has the TL3 bulb.

Someone asked about Tads bulbs. Yes they will work too. And using a pair of C cells makes it possible to Yuji these too, if you want a low power mega runtime version.
Can a ML25 LED reflector be used in the xenon IT versions?