great video clip from IFIXLASERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_E

Newly Enlightened
Yeah great clip, if by great you mean boring. Of course the action part was amusing though. What's mom gonna think when the kid can't see?

Boy, in reviewing my post I seem awfully negative, its actually more sarcastic, but I don't have a font for that...

DaFiend

Enlightened
wasn't this more like an advert for dwights high power lasers. i think he had that attached to his ebay auctions when he was flogging his 350mW (or were they 500mW???) "gas trap" IR diodes.
They are PGL-III's by the the look to me so i doubt they would be anywhere near <5mW. But besides, they are inside the whole time aren't they? so there is termination points. The only thig i have a problem with is the kids using what looks like inappropriate eye protection.

Funny little clip, yes, yet boring at the same time.

K-T

*Moderator*
This is not only about termination points but also (in-)appropriate eye protection. This video gives the impression as if welding googles/face masks are sufficient protection when handling lasers. From the look of this movie it is not clear as to what kind of lasers were used - it could be a >5mW, a pot mod or a true high-powered laser. Nobody knows!

The dangers and risks when handling laser devices should not be reduced or ignored, that kind of use in the movie is missleading.

I will close the thread and remove the link above. The movie will be evaluated by other moderators and depending on the result reopened/reposted.

Status
Not open for further replies.