Greenforce HID 21 starting problem?

Alexx

Newly Enlightened
Hy, I got problem with my Greenforce HID 21 light. Battery is Flexy 3 and it was bought approx 1 year ago. I have problem starting the HID light cause I need to switch it ON and OFF several times till it works. It just comes ON for a sec or two than go OFF. So I repeat the process for maybe 5-6 times and than it works.

Does anyone know can I change cells in the battery and how? I cant figure it out how to open canister?

P.S. battery is fully recharged!

Anyone got any clue?

Thank you

SmokedCPU

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I had this problem here and asked for help, and nobody had given clever answer.
In my case, the following steps could have resolved the trouble.
-First check up if your cable is short. The cable got twisted in head, and shorted the canister, busting some cells.

-Power your light head directly with a 12v source. 5A is needed during warm-up
-after that, install the bulky cord, and power the head from there to check up if cord is good
Mine look like this.

gforcetwisted.jpg

If it work well that way, then trouble is really in you canister.
Charge it full then directly plug it to your lamp, it should start and run some time...
I did not open the canister since my buddy make short dives, and found a way to get light even tought.
keep me informed of what you find out

Last edited:

Alexx

Newly Enlightened
This picture you have posted is the cable from the head? I will check it tomorrow and let you know:) I hope the problem is small...

Alexx

Newly Enlightened
I checked all of the connections and it seems the fault was on the cable connection that goes on the head! Wires was loose. But after fixing that I still have starting problem. Seems like battery is near end! Have you ever changed battery cells and how?

jspeybro

Enlightened
if it is only about 1 year old, have you checked if it is still under warranty? maybe they fix it for free.

The greenforce cable is a weak point of this light. I've seen several were the wires were broken near the point were it goes through the metal (gland).

SmokedCPU, your problem seems to be caused by twisting the cable to connect the head/cannister. always put the force on the metal parts, never the cable as it is only kept in place by o-rings and a little compression.

alexx,use a multimeter to measure if + and - connections on both ends still have contact. While measuring, bend the cable near the metal parts and check if the continuity drops. If there is a problem in the wire, you should see the light restarting/switching off when you move it around when it is on.
If you first need to switch it on a few times before it actually starts properly, maybe there's corrosion in the switch. is it switching on by screwing the head on the cable or does it have another switch system? I'm not familiar with this head.
If the head switches on after a few times, I don't think the battery is the issue.

lucca brassi

Enlightened
What type of bulb you using? (photo)

Check bulb socket and bulb itself. Friend have flickering on one 21W HID lamp (notGF) because of coroded base and contacts of bulb ( corosion was under glass !)

adyver

Newly Enlightened
I have a similar problem with my Greenforce, the picture displayed by SmokedCPU is brilliant, but how do you get the the connector block out of the aluminium sleeve without resorting to a hammer. Any help would be really appreciated.

SmokedCPU

Newly Enlightened
Hi

You are welcome here on CFP, specialy on dive section,

Remove all the decorative O-rings over the connector's aluminium parts.
Somewhere you will see a small join in the deep of a O-Ring
thats will be there that you will unscrew the damn thing.

you can make a two parts jig in wood to hold in a vise the connector without scratching it

put water to boil, then put the connector in, it loosen a bit the ''lock-tight'' thing in the screws

if i had knew this from begening, GForce would have been looking good

See ya

Latest posts