greenie fun after dark

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was out playing with my Extreme MX and when it hit my saucer magnolia bush it just exploded with light. It has big white flowers all over it. I took these pics after dark.

HV1T5638ss.jpg
click here for larger view

HV1T5636ss.jpg

HV1T5627ss.jpg

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright... it has to be asked, have those pics been touched up in anyway? If not.... KEWL

Raccoon

Enlightened
The glowing bush. This must be a sign!

Very nice photos, you take a good picture. I especially like how the ground is illuminated (probably by your flash) making it look something holy in the sea of dark.

LaserMod

Enlightened
Interesting...cool pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'm guessing a 6sec exposure time with the laser mounted to a tripod for pic3.

If anyone is in a pub over the weekend, take your greenie and point it at a red pool ball. It will glow bright orange/yellow. Some other red plastics give the same effect but pool balls are the brightest... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canon 1D MKII w/Canon 35mm f/1.4 L lens

The camera was on a tripod for all shots. No flash was used for any shots. The only light was from the moon the stars and the laser. The laser was hand held for all the shots but, as LaserMod pointed out, it was stabilized against the camera in shot 3.

The original picture 2 looked very similar to what you are seeing, it too had four laser beams showing. I just did not like the way one of the beams reflected so I blended the pic with another pic in that area only. For the shot, I had 20 seconds to shine the laser at four different parts of the bush. No color changes were made to any of the photos. The green you see from the laser is just what it looked like as I stood there taking the pics.

pic 1: 6s at f4 and ISO 1250
pic 2: 20s at f4 and ISO 400
pic 3: 5s at f4 and ISO 1600

Note that the high ISO shots are are super light sensitive and therefor the short exposure times work (pic 1,3).

Raccoon, you have noticed what I think is a cool effect. I was not able to see this effect from where I was holding the laser. Only the camera picked it up from its vantage point. To see it best, open the larger view of the first pic and look in the grass around and behind the bush.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a great laser for 100 bucks. It might not be the same power as that one, but it will be pretty sweet anyway. .

ddaadd

Enlightened
Dude, you've been published!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Hmmm, didn't see a credit with your name or anything though. Still pretty cool though, except that Wicked Lasers is being scorned by customers in the USA for their lasers being bagged by customs, their posts being deleted on WL forum, the money thing, etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif You ought to post on their forum asking for credit for the pic and/or compensation... Might get lucky huh?

LaserMod

Enlightened
Speaking of photos on there:

frontlaser1zx.png

beam46st.jpg

There are also a couple from the Phoenix review in the gallery. Not bothered though since the review was their laser... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But I am when people steal the images for auction listings etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif