• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired HA3, Magchargers, E2 4packs, etc. more price drops

kavvika

Enlightened
Re: Lights, parts, batteries, prices dropped again

2 Questions:

Can the Nichia DS emitter be installed in a Photon II or are the leads cut and bent for the Freedom only?
What bin/color tint is the Seoul in the SF clone, and is there a driver or is it direct driven. Reverse clickie, correct? I'm very interested in this item, especially with the spare Li-Ions you have. Also, is it one or multi-mode?

Last edited:

aileron

Newly Enlightened

2 Questions:

Can the Nichia DS emitter be installed in a Photon II or are the leads cut and bent for the Freedom only?
What bin/color tint is the Seoul in the SF clone, and is there a driver or is it direct driven. Reverse clickie, correct? I'm very interested in this item, especially with the spare Li-Ions you have. Also, is it one or multi-mode?

I don't have any Photon 2s to test but as it's a stock Freedom emitter the leads are indeed cut and bent. When straightened they'd probably be about a centimeter long. FYI the single GS has even shorter leads due to testing in a PCB, they're around 2mm long.

The emitter in the U2 clone is a U-bin SW0 from DX, it's nice and bright and fairly warm. IIRC it's a two stage with a resistor in the tailcap, so direct drive on high.

Realized I haven't used those 18650s in awhile so I put the multimeter across them- 3.74v, 3.71v, 3.97v, 2.78v.

Last edited:

aileron

Newly Enlightened

Everything arrived safely. :thumbsup:

Can you tell me what is the extra emitter you sent? :shrug:

Oh, I forgot about that. It's a Luxeon low dome batwing emitter. Not terribly powerful but I found it in the same ziplock baggie as the K2s. It looked lonely so I sent it along.

Latest posts