• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Haiku XP-G

spyrish

Newly Enlightened
That's good news! Was a little worried when I read one user commenting that it got too hot to touch when it turned on in his pocket.

I know it was too hot due to being extra insulated by my pocket and the heat having no where to go. I just used the
same light for 20+ minutes on high and had no problems holding it the whole time. BTW, it was an XR-E light engine.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it was too hot due to being extra insulated by my pocket and the heat having no where to go. I just used the
same light for 20+ minutes on high and had no problems holding it the whole time. BTW, it was an XR-E light engine.

Thanks for sharing. I figured it to be so after jiuong reminded me that it is insulated in your pocket. Just got my XM-L Haiku and Mule high CRI. Going to put it through it's paces and see for myself.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I sold all of my McGizmos in early 2009 I didn´t follow the technical aspects of Don´s lighs anymore but rather admired their appearance.

Well, I just bought a Haiku XP-G here on custom b/s/t. I thought I read the Haiku engine has a 3-4.2V voltage range but unfortunatelly can´t find that information anymore to verify it before I put a rechargeable into the light.

Is it 3-4.2V or 3V or even 3-6V?

Thanks in advance for helping out
Eric

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I sold all of my McGizmos in early 2009 I didn´t follow the technical aspects of Don´s lighs anymore but rather admired their appearance.

Well, I just bought a Haiku XP-G here on custom b/s/t. I thought I read the Haiku engine has a 3-4.2V voltage range but unfortunatelly can´t find that information anymore to verify it before I put a rechargeable into the light.

Is it 3-4.2V or 3V or even 3-6V?

Thanks in advance for helping out
Eric

For the 3S, DO NOT exceed the 4.2V in whatever battery config.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Eric,
The input voltage is roughly 2.5V - 5V. CR123 and protected RCR123 cells are what it was designed to use.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, On the 3S LE, I noted that I will start to loose my 3 stage access when the primary is 2.95V on an XML. With the same battery, I still have normal access to all 3 levels with an XRE and XPG setup. Something to do with the VF of the LED?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Don, On the 3S LE, I noted that I will start to loose my 3 stage access when the primary is 2.95V on an XML. With the same battery, I still have normal access to all 3 levels with an XRE and XPG setup. Something to do with the VF of the LED?

Simple answer is I don't know. No doubt the Vf of the LED factors in but there have been a few revisions of the 3S converter over time with level shifting addressed so I don't know in your situation whether we are comparing apples with apples or oranges...

jkid1911

Enlightened
Anyone know what LED an XPG-L is in a Haiku? I've never seen reference to this designation before and have been told it exists. Anyone...?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Whoa ... rather tiny and low-res photo, lol. But looks like probably XP-G to me :thinking:

Got a better photo ?

Last edited: