Happy Easter / Passover

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here comes Peter Cotton Tail, hoppin' down the bunny trail, hippity hop and Easter's on it's way...

Happy Easter!

We usually have ham or tri-tip w/ mashed potatos and other stuff that I'd call "traditional" easter foods, but this time we're having tacos & refried beans (it's going to be my first time making refried beans). I think I'm going to be making part of the desert, too ("apple burritos"--something I learned to make in 8th grade home-ec).

BTW, the top line is a verse from a song that was on one of the easter cartoons that used to show on TV every year, when I was a kid.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Trashman you've really brought back some memories with that song! Irontail!

My mom would sing that song to me. I received a stuffed Peter Cottontail one Easter when very young. It stands out because the weather was horrid cold, and I had a vicious earache and wound up going to the doctor on Easter.

What wonderful parents I had and very fortunate I was!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy passover/ easter to everyone. I don't celebrate these holidays much, but I'm going to have a party in the park with my friends.

It's one of those days that make you think about history.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Easter! The bible makes it look like there will be no darkness in heaven..so have fun playing with your flashlights now!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the thought but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
Passover is in the book of Exodus while easter is a pagan fertility ritual that has
nothing to do with the Scriptures.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Do you celebrate springtime, Marnav? Budding trees, blossoming flowers, singing birds and gentle breezes that caress us and whisper the promise of warmer days? I do. :)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only say what I say to help folks out, not as a condemnation. People tend to lump
them together when in fact they are very different. They do the same thing with
Christmas and Hannukah. I know you had good intention so don't be offended. To
answer your question I celebrate the one who shed his blood so we could celebrate
Passover.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever we're celebrating, I hope everyone has/had a happy one.

I finally secured a good quantity of Cadbury Creme Eggs for the first time in years. Figure over 20 should last a while. Almost bought a 48-count case.