Has anyone had this problem ?

besafe2

Enlightened
I just had to put new 123a batteries in my 6P. I would bet that I got less than 1/2 hour of light on the Duracells that came with it. I hope this isn't going to keep happening. Anyone else had this or similar problems ?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
A new 6P would not come with Duracells. Maybe the cells were partially used. You should get about an hour of good light from your 6P.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll refer you to the following threads...

Are 123's Unreliable
and
Battery Station Lithium AA: Sudden Death - AGAIN!

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the "sudden death" syndrome with lithium cells of all sorts (but especially CR123A type). It has a few of us a little nervous about our stashes of emergency batts and other's saying it's no big deal.

EDIT: Remembered something else....
Oh yes, and the 6P comes stock with SureFire cells so if you had Duracells in it (I.E. if it's not new from the box) it is also possible that you might have the P61 HOLA (high output lamp assembly) vs the stock P60 lamp.
The P60 lamp will give you about an hour.
The P61 is far brighter but will only last about 25 minutes.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
When I had my E2E a couple years ago, I got a good hour and a half of light. I remember using and using and using that sucker. Anything with a P60 bulb I've been averaging 45 minutes or less and the Surefires are dead. The MN lamp assemblies seem much better to me. But then it could be the quality of Surefire batteries has gone down as well. I don't know, just speculating.

besafe2

Enlightened
I should add that I brought my 6P a few years ago from Dillion Precision & the Duracells came with it at that time. I keep the 6P for what I hope I never have to use it for that's why even though I've had it a while it's not been used that much.

InfidelCastro

Banned
From what I understand, the Duracells should be good batteries for that light.

I don't understand why it didn't come with the Surefire batteries though.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible it has the P61 lamp in it? if so, thats 120 lumens with only 20 minute runtimes.

CLHC

Flashaholic
As what the others indicated in regards to the possible use of the SF.P61 LA. I'm also curious as to know if the supplied DURACELLs are the ULTRAs (Thin Blue Line) that I remember it came with from my past experience. :thinking:

Try another set of batteries.

besafe2

Enlightened
They are the regular Duracells. As for the P61 lamp 120 lumens I'm sure it does not have that one as it is just a little briter than my E2E. Am using Surefire batteries so will see what happens now.