Has anyone here at CPF ever actually used STROBE MODE?

beerwax

Enlightened
never used my epirb either. or my distress flare. or me fire extinguisher. but i like to have one . but yes i is enough.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Honestly I have only used my strobe for fun but I do think it has merit as a signal device.Whenever I have activate the strobe it definately draws attention!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

This is a very old topic that could have been searched for ..............

and this NEW thread will get the same replies as before !

NO new uses have been discovered for STROBE MODE related to your OP question .

Sorry

~

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

This is a very old topic that could have been searched for ..............

and this NEW thread will get the same replies as before !

NO new uses have been discovered for STROBE MODE related to your OP question .

Sorry

~

I am well aware of the issues you raise in your posting and addressed them back in post #32 HERE. It doesn't appear that you bothered to read it.

Additionally, this thread has nothing to do with NEW uses for strobe as you mistakenly state.

I think your comments might have been worthwhile had you made them six days ago shortly after this thread was launched but so far this thread has had 1395 views and 66 posts. Most of the comments have been interesting, instructive or humorous.

Your comment that "this NEW thread will get the same replies as before !" makes me wonder if you read any of the other posts.

Yours has been the only negative remark and the only sour note in this thread. Unfortunately, it is the kind of post I tried to forestall in my aforementioned post #32
when I said, "let's keep things on the high road......without the intolerance and ill-temper."

I've been a member here at CPF for 9 months and most of the time people engage in friendly, supportive and interesting dialogue. Nevertheless, I am truly amazed and sometimes disheartened by how often someone shows up in an otherwise happy-go-lucky thread with a somewhat arrogant, know-it-all, condescending and negative attitude. It seems really uncalled for and only serves to derail an otherwise good thread.

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Well ............................. as Steve Martin would say ..........

EXXXXCUUUUUSSSEEE MMMEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

( Visualize me with an Arrow thru my head !! )

( Playing a Banjo ........ no less )

Use the search function PLEASE !!!!

STrobe has NOT changed !!!!

Nor have the answers !!!!!!

NO ...... I did NOT bother to read it ..... seen it before !!

SO you were correct .

But that's why they ask you to search before you post NEW threads .

Bye - Bye :):):):):):):):naughty:

~

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Well ............................. as Steve Martin would say ..........

EXXXXCUUUUUSSSEEE MMMEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

( Visualize me with an Arrow thru my head !! )

( Playing a Banjo ........ no less )

Use the search function PLEASE !!!!

STrobe has NOT changed !!!!

Nor have the answers !!!!!!

NO ...... I did NOT bother to read it ..... seen it before !!

SO you were correct .

But that's why they ask you to search before you post NEW threads .

Bye - Bye :):):):):):):):naughty:

~

Like I said,..........."arrogant, know-it-all, condescending and negative attitude. It seems really uncalled for and only serves to derail an otherwise good thread."

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Well ......OK ...... Have it your way

Enjoy yourself

I don't write long replies ... calling others names

I try to follow the rules

I'm out'ta here

You GO for it

STROBE AWAY

~

srfreddy

Enlightened
Like I said,...........arrogant, know-it-all, condescending and negative attitude. It seems really uncalled for and only serves to derail an otherwise good thread.

I don't think anyone else had a problem with this thread either. Its always good to know whether people Now are using a given flashlight feature, not the benifits of doing so as seen years ago.

Cody Jansen

Newly Enlightened
i have no use for it but for one of my lights i have to go through all (3) modes to turn it off. medium, high, strobe, off. gets quite annoying.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps TMG is suffering from PMS(Post More Strobe).:p
I kid...........................:)
And my wife has whooped my *** a few times after I strobed here..........:devil:

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
It seems really uncalled for and only serves to derail an otherwise good thread."

Amen! Thanks for keeping it positive for us. I also have a huge problem with people who jump into a thread and then rain on it.

My philosophy is if you don't like the thread, DON'T COMMENT. Get out of it and MOVE ON!!!!!!! Feel free NOT to share your negativity with us. Share it on the underground. That's what it's for. :rant:

Last edited:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have no use for it but for one of my lights i have to go through all (3) modes to turn it off. medium, high, strobe, off. gets quite annoying.

That would have nothing to do with strobe and everything to do with a really poor UI - what light is that? I wish to make sure I never buy one, because that UI would be a deal breaker to me.

I like the UI on the 4Sevens lights that goes through all the modes twice before any strobe, beacon or SOS modes. On those you can just turn the light off for a few seconds and it is back to the start.
With a good UI the strobe/beacon/SOS modes shouldn't be a nuisance to the owner of a light and as mentioned in this thread there can be times where these modes are very useful or even lifesavers.

This is OK:
Loosened Bezel: Moonlight -> Low -> Medium -> High -> SOS -> Beacon

But this is MUCH better:
Selecting Special Outputs The Preon has 4 special output modes: Strobe, S.O.S., Beacon (Hi), and Beacon (Lo). To access these modes, quickly switch through two full 'cycles' of the regular outputs, starting with Low. These two full cycles must be completed within 3 seconds:

Low -> Medium -> High -> Low -> Medium -> High -> Special Outputs You can continue to cycle through the special outputs in the following sequence:

Strobe -> S.O.S. -> Beacon (high) -> Beacon (low) After Beacon (Lo) mode, the output reverts back to Regular Low. Both Beacon modes will first flash 5 times and then once every 10 seconds.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used the strobe to signal an ambulance at 2am, repel and attacking Chihuahua (which I could have kicked across the yard if necessary) and flash a car that was backing up in my direction. I don't use the strobe much, but really like to have it.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amen! Thanks for keeping it positive for us. I also have a huge problem with people who jump into a thread and then rain on it.

My philosophy is if you don't like the thread, DON'T COMMENT. Get out of it and MOVE ON!!!!!!! Feel free NOT to share your negativity with us. Share it on the underground. That's what it's for. :rant:

Russ, Thanks for your supportive comment, and to srfreddy and Beamhead as well. It's weird but this is the second time in two days I've had an experience like this on CPF. Both times it has been with a long time CPFer with thousands of posts who has a holier than thou condescending attitude and shows up in an otherwise unpleasant way in an ongoing thread seemingly looking for a fight. Where are the moderators when you need one?

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we had to only post about new subjects there would be very few new posts :)

It's more fun to have current discussions anyway than to read old threads. Now...what did you use your flashlight for today, how many do you carry, what is your favorite EDC, what batteries do you prefer, what is the brightest flashlight...:):):)

By the way, I really dislike strobe mode and have almost quite buying anything from DX unless I want a single mode light. If DX would only have multi-mode dropins with a read low (for long battery life) and no strobes I'd buy a lot more from them.

Cody Jansen

Newly Enlightened
That would have nothing to do with strobe and everything to do with a really poor UI - what light is that? I wish to make sure I never buy one, because that UI would be a deal breaker to me.

it is a light i got from my aunt. she said she got it at costco. it says techlite lumen master on the side. runs on 3x AAA.