has anyone here bought from Gearbest

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Bought an Opus BT-C3100 V2.2 charger from them 4 weeks ago, got it 8 days later, but I chose the faster shipping option (7-10 days) instead of the standard 2-3 week shipping option.

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
I have bought a Fenix flashlight from GB,and I have bought a SUNWAYMAN flashlight from BG,all of them took several weeks from china to Germany
I'd rather spend more money on AMAZON

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
I also buy from Amazon with Amazon Prime.I have ordered from the China companies but not much anymore.I like the 2-3 day shipping and easy returns that Amazon is known for.I'm certainly not made of money but I don't mind spending a few more bucks and buy from US based companies for the sheer convenience and higher level of confidence I have in them.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the end of the day, though... most of these lights are Chinese brand lights. Buying from Amazon might get you US stock, but it might be older stock and won't change where the light came from. Some of the Amazon resellers can also be sketchy and you get shorted on warranties. I find it better to go with the authorized resellers in the US if going the US route; shipping may take 4 days instead of 2 but I'd something goes wrong you won't have to ship a defective unit back to the maker in China.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a Fenix flashlight from GB,and I have bought a SUNWAYMAN flashlight from BG,all of them took several weeks from china to Germany

I ordered stuff from Gearbest to both the U.K. and Germany and for some reason the German deliveries always took double the time if not more. I think it's more an issue with German post as on the tracking, parcels arrive in the destination country at the same speed. It's just that the German postal service take forever to clear customs and get delivered.

Wendee

Enlightened
I ordered stuff from Gearbest to both the U.K. and Germany and for some reason the German deliveries always took double the time if not more. I think it's more an issue with German post as on the tracking, parcels arrive in the destination country at the same speed. It's just that the German postal service take forever to clear customs and get delivered.

I think it's the same with the Canadian post. I can't think of any other reason why it takes twice as long for shipments from China to get delivered in Canada, compared to the USA who's our neighbour.

canonite

Newly Enlightened
Legit co.. Just Need to know how to find which service they use , and how to track it ... Can't complain about the speed, since it was free, and for 2 of 3 of my orders, i got it within 2 weeks..

DMS1970

Enlightened
Today I ordered a few inexpensive items from GearBest (my first time ordering from them).
In the past I've had an order from China (not GearBest) take 10 weeks to arrive (from the date it was shipped, not ordered) but shipments to Canada seem to take longer than to the USA. It takes at least 6 weeks from China to Canada (in my experience).
So, I just marked on my calendar expected delivery date is the first week of September (10 weeks from now). If it arrives sooner, great. :)

Update: 6 hours after I paid for my order at GearBest, I received an email that the items had been shipped! Wow, that was fast!
Now the wait for them to arrive in the mail.

Just a note, since I notice you are in Ontario. I am near Windsor and have my Gearbest orders shipped to Michigan and pick them up there. Since china uses primarily DHL you will get a voicemail at which ever number you used when you signed up stating to call DHL and process your duties and taxes before they can release your item for delivery. I find these to be extraordinarily high, like $30 per $100 ordered. When I cross back into Ontario, I always claim my purchases and are let through without paying any extra. And I get to gas up cheap...

2nd on crazyeddie, pay the up to $2 for insurance and airmail (or whatever) and shipments come 2x faster. Sometimes the shipping upgrade has been free.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have ordered 2 mobile phones, a Xiaomi Note 3 32GB and the Leagoo Shark 1, I ordered the Shark first and then decided to cancel but it was too late, the order had reached processing stage, ah well, another item for Craigslist and other sites. The point is I had asked for expedited shipping and insured it too, no problems. I had also ordered a Nitecore EC4SW and received it very quickly (expedited shipping). I have ordered a Convoy C8 and i am still waiting for it, it has been shipped as of 21 June 2016, so I am still waiting patiently. Expedited shipping is really quick though like 5 days?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you use DHL plan on waiting more than a week probably 2. That's if you are in the US.

bigbob76

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered a lot of items from them, always using the free shipping. I never had any problems or disappointments. When I place the order I try to forget about it. After a hard day at work I really enjoy seeing I have a package, and it has become a ritual for me, lol. Shave, shower, put on clean clothes, turn on desk light, sit down and open the package. I order inexpensive things and often have multiple orders in the pipeline so it is even more of a surprise when I open the package to see what it is.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a battery charger from them this morning. I've ordered several items from them in the past year with no disappointments. Shipping can take up to a month and you don't get tracking like we're used to.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Took the plunge and ordered two BLF 348 Nichia 219b lights. Will see how it goes.

boo

Newly Enlightened
Update: Received my light from Gearbest. One month on a slow boat from
China.
Got what I ordered in good condition.

Wendee

Enlightened
Update: Received my light from Gearbest. One month on a slow boat from
China.
Got what I ordered in good condition.

I'm glad to hear that, boo. A month isn't too bad. I received a Netherlands Post tracking number for my Gearbest order (not China Post) :thinking:. I'm not sure why. The Netherlands Post tracking site says my package is on it's way to Canada (Yay!). I'm wondering if my package will arrive sooner than expected :shrug: . China Post to Canada is usually about 6 weeks or more (from other companies). Was your package sent China Post or Netherlands Post, if I may ask? I assume you're in the USA?

Last edited:

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
I have found them to be good to do business with. I had one occasion to open a service ticket me they were very quick to respond and quickly cleared up the issue. It was a back order and they beat there projected shipping date by several weeks.

I have ordered from them many times with no problems. Typical shipping time for me has been 14 to 16 days to a Western Massachusetts. I do spend the extra dollar or two for the insurance.

This is what I use to track my shipments. It is typically slow to initially show up (4-5 days):

http://post-tracking.com/

Once the shipment hits the US the best way to track it is through USPS

https://www.usps.com/

Bob