Has anyone received their KL3-HA?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my KL3 (Strategos) today. What a disappointment! My month old KL1 has a brighter hotspot and throws further than this monstrosity (KL3 on a C3 is humongous). I even have an Arc LS second that rivals it in hot spot intensity and total brightness
frown.gif
frown.gif
Gransee's gotta be laughing at this if he's reading it. Previous threads indicate KL3 should be noticeably brighter than a KL1. Do I have a KL3 "second"? Should I exchange or just return and ask for a refund?
confused.gif
I'm tempted to ask for my money back.

CM

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Bright Scouter:
Kinda funny, everyone around here had been talking about KL1s for a while. I ordered both from Strategos. I got the KL3 on 10-28, but the KL1 was backordered and I still haven't seen that one yet. Why does it always have to be sdrawkcab with me?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Strategos must be getting the royal runaround from Surefire. I ordered a KL1 on 10/15 and finally cancelled it over a month later when countycomm got some stock and Strategos was still on backorder for another 30 days. As far as I can tell Strategos hasn't had a KL1 to ship in 2 months or more. Ridiculous.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by CM:
...My month old KL1 has a brighter hotspot and throws further than this monstrosity (KL3 on a C3 is humongous... Do I have a KL3 "second"? Should I exchange or just return and ask for a refund?
confused.gif
I'm tempted to ask for my money back.
CM
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is there such a thing as a Surefire "second"? I too am disappointed with my KL3. On my 6p it has a slightly larger hotspot than my KL1 on an E2e, but it's not any brighter and not nearly as clean. It's bluer and blotchy, and the throw's no better than the KL1. My LGI and Madmax put it to shame. It does look cool though! I got if from another CPF'er. The S/N is A00435 so it's an earlier one. I emailed Surefire a few days ago about their policy on transferrability of warranty but have gotten no response.
Does anyone know if Surefire will exchange units like this bought "second hand"? If I were them, I'd want to get it out of circulation as it is a bad representation of their product. A real POS.
I guess there's always Ebay
rolleyes.gif

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Kinda funny, everyone around here had been talking about KL1s for a while. I ordered both from Strategos. I got the KL3 on 10-28, but the KL1 was backordered and I still haven't seen that one yet. Why does it always have to be sdrawkcab with me?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strategos today advised that SF told them that the next delivery of KL1's and KL3's from SF to Strategos would be in January.

As of this morning, LPS has more than a dozen HA KL3's and 6 Blk KL3's for $50 @ plus free shipping.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Sure it may be a few dollars more to buy direct from SF but they shipped mine out by UPS Blue and it came in before the shipping e-mail! go figure....
I would most likely order again of any newly released SF product directly instead of other outlets.

Latest posts