Has anyone seen the 3rd gen Inova X1s?

pilou

Enlightened
Has anyone seen them yet? They are supposed to have Luxeon LEDs.

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Re: Anyone seen the new Inova X1s?

I think he means the new 3rd generation ones. I've wondered too... no rumors or news on the new X1 from anyone? The simplicity and rugged design of the Inova X1's are very nice in my view.

pilou

Enlightened

Yes, I meant the third version. The second one is already old news :laughing:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am interested in this aswell,

Didnt know there was an even newer version.

How about you change your Thread title to Anyone seen the 3rd Gen Inova X1`s?

Benny

pilou

Enlightened

MorpheusT1 said:
How about you change your Thread title to Anyone seen the 3rd Gen Inova X1`s?

How can anyone say no to such a reasonable request? :)

jram67

Newly Enlightened
You need to watch BatteryJunction for these. Matt has already said they will be in soon and the pricing will only be a couple of dollars higher than the current version.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 just came to my doorstep.

Bright little bugers. I would say 30lm.

nana.gif
nana.gif
nana.gif

Just kidding...Waiting on these.

Martini

Enlightened
jram67 said:
You need to watch BatteryJunction for these. Matt has already said they will be in soon and the pricing will only be a couple of dollars higher than the current version.
The ones listed on Battery Junction right now say "New Style" and are priced the same as always. No mention of Luxeons. Are these really the new ones?

LG&M

Enlightened
I am also waiting for the Inovas. Thinking of a X1 and maybe T1. Matt don't leave us hanging?

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
Martini said:
The ones listed on Battery Junction right now say "New Style" and are priced the same as always. No mention of Luxeons. Are these really the new ones?

No. As I understand it MattK said they will be listed as "2007 X1." For example, the new Inova T4 on his website is currently listed as the 2007 Inova T4.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:

Edro

Newly Enlightened
Martini said:
Matt may need to reword his website. Those are 2nd Gen. lights...i.e. the 1st Gen X1 had a anti-reflective collimating lens; the 2nd Gen X1 has a reflector with a clear lens. The ones listed are not the new 3rd Gen X1. I'm sure they are listed "new style" and have been worded that way for some time to differentiate it from 1st Gen X1. But I've been wrong before.

pilou

Enlightened
Tuna said:
No. As I understand it MattK said they will be listed as "2007 X1."

He did indeed say that. He also mentionned that Inova rates them at 2W, though he didn't put much credence in those numbers. Finally, he did also say that he has been told a few times that they will arrive "at the end of this week", only to be disappointed. This new X1 should be a very good little all purpose light.

The new 2007 T1, which will now have two batteries, should also be an interresting light. Matt described it as a pocket rocket.

Cydonia

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:
This is the only new Inova that I'm interested in for now.

Yup me too.

LA OZ said:
Does anyone has the spec for this 3rd generatation X1?

All I know is that it features a Luxeon I instead of the old 5mm LED and was rumored to have the same run time but around 10-15 lumens I think. Reflector style. I wonder if they corrected the problem of the glass lens falling out of the V2.0. ? (Not to be confused with V1.0. original with glass collimator lens and tight beam)

I hope the new V3.0 X1 comes in RED!!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have long been a fan of the X1. It feels like a very high quality piece whether the old beam or the new beam or the even NEWER beam works for you, it just 'feels' solid.

I think I'll pick up one of the Bolt Series 2xAAA lights as well because it looks pretty unique for what is basically an entry level light.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked the original X1 but I really don't know how INOVA could possibly make things more confusing than continually redesigning the whole light over and over and keeping the X1 name. Someone should let them know that there are some really cool numbers that follow 1.

Maybe one of those INOVA guys has custom X1 license plates for his car and doesn't want to pay for a new number...

pilou

Enlightened
Sub_Umbra said:
I've always liked the original X1 but I really don't know how INOVA could possibly make things more confusing than continually redesigning the whole light over and over and keeping the X1 name.

In fairness, car makers do it all the time. A 2007 Camry doesn't have that much to do with a 1985 Camry. But inova should at least differentiate between versions, by using Roman numerals, version notation, or whatever they see fit.

Last edited: