Has anyone seen the 3rd gen Inova X1s?

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
So I guess the one I received from Battery Junction a few weeks ago is a generation 2A? with a warmer tint and a tighter, ringy beam? I just thought I got a fluky bad copy with the 5mm LED located too far forward but I'm still going to make good use of it. I was expecting that smooth flood though.
I would have been interested in a Luxeon version too until I started getting inexpensive Cree-equipped lights. I think that would be the really useful version of the X1.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
INOVA either made a few original X1s in red or they came pretty close. There was an official INOVA X1 pdf online that had a pic of one with a red LED that could still be seen even after the spot was 86ed.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cydonia said:
I hope the new V3.0 X1 comes in RED!!

Heck yea! It drove me nuts that I couldnt get a red one. Hopefully things will be set right soon. :)

Culhain

Enlightened
jram67 said:
You need to watch BatteryJunction for these. Matt has already said they will be in soon and the pricing will only be a couple of dollars higher than the current version.

I check every morning, alas no joy.

Martini

Enlightened
RebelXTNC said:
I would have been interested in a Luxeon version too until I started getting inexpensive Cree-equipped lights. I think that would be the really useful version of the X1.
The X1 was never intended (AFAIK) to be a very powerful light, so an XR-E version would have severely long runtime. It would make an already perfect emergency light better.