Have you ever found a flashlight?

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
I was turkey hunting several years ago and sat down to call. I looked beside me and found a black solitaire laying in the weeds. I still have it to this day.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Actually, I did find a light last week, unpacking one of our moving boxes! OK, it was mine already, but it was a single AA crappy plastic Garrity incandescent flashlight I have not seen for at least five years, so I was happy!

A friend found a flashlight that contractors left, a 2xAA Sears aluminum beat to hell incan, it sat in my desk and found use in the big blackout we had year before last. Of course, after that big blackout, I added four or five more lights to my desk at work!

daloosh

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I find lights all the time!

"Hey, I knew I'd left that light around here somewhere."
"Hey, where the heck is that... oh, yeah..."
"Hey, didn't I give that one to so-and-so? Oh, well..."
"Hey, what's that doing in her car?"
"Hey, I was looking for the other light, but that one'll do."
"Hey, I DID buy one of those after all."

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a green plastic Walmart light in about 20 feet of water at Lake Almanor CA. I never did get it to work.
Not nearly as neat as the time I thought I saw a dollar bill in the gutter across the street from me. As I got closer I noted it was folded funny and didn't look right. I figured it for one of those missionary tracks they print with a five dollar image on it.
But I picked it up anyway and saw it had been run over and was not a dollar bill.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
It was a $100.00 bill.
I immediately looked around and whispered "anyone loose this?"

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found my aunt's "Air Raid Siren" flashlight in a box of junk that was in my closet. It needed a new bulb before I could get the flashlight part working. She probably left some batteries in there that leaked as the contacts were corroded as well and needed some cleaning before it worked. Oh, and that mechanical siren on the back is LOUD!

flashlightsiren.jpg

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a Chinese 2 D cell flashlight when I was 12 whilst camping, amazing it still worked it had been exposed to a heavy rainfall.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found a Dolphin lantern - you know, the 6v battery powered ones - that was left behind by the dude who installed our A/C

neg

Jefff

Enlightened
I found a dewalt cordless drill and 12v light combo on the side of the road one time.. that was a deal .. then lost the light and sold the drill after about a year of using it.. I think I may have thrown the light in the trash my accident ..

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I found a mini-mag in the street while riding my bicycle around the neighborhood to survey the damage from a hellatious thunderstorm several years ago. Only had a few minor scratches and it still looked fairly new. I felt a little bit guilty picking it up, but it proibably would've been left there forever and just gotten scratched and dented. It still works.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found several torches/flashlighst while caving...
Some of them have even historical value .-)

wwglen

Enlightened
SOMEBODY in Raleigh NC found a Surefire L4 with a two stage tail cap.

I know because I lost mine there a few months ago.

Hope they enjoy it.

wwglen

PJ

Enlightened
I haven't found any. My brother was driving to work last fall and noticed what looked like a piece of hose by the side of the road. He doesn't know why but he stopped to pick it up. Turns out it is a Lightwave 4000 or similar light with 10 LEDs. He says it is still working fine.

Stream

Enlightened
I found a working AA MiniMag once, they seem to be pretty ubiquitous. Aside from that, I've only found a few cheap plastic ones (some of them still working).

attowatt

Enlightened
I am looking forward to finding flashlights, where I can test bulbs and batteries with my newly found FLUKE 12B multimeter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
some years ago i decided to explore a local cave with a friend, it was tiny and could only be reached by digging tons of fallen leaves out of the entrance and crawling on our bellies through a narrow hole
in the main room (only ~1.5x1.5x1m) i found a pewter minim*g with quite fresh batteries
judging from the amount of leaves blocking the entrance, it must have spent some years in there, but it was still in flawless condition

tools of cavemen have been found in this cave, but i hadn't expected to find some tools myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PANZERWOLF said:
some years ago i decided to explore a local cave with a friend, it was tiny and could only be reached by digging tons of fallen leaves out of the entrance and crawling on our bellies through a narrow hole
in the main room (only ~1.5x1.5x1m) i found a pewter minim*g with quite fresh batteries
judging from the amount of leaves blocking the entrance, it must have spent some years in there, but it was still in flawless condition

tools of cavemen have been found in this cave, but i hadn't expected to find some tools myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tools of cavemen? Are you talking about the minim*g? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Just kidding! Now you need to bring it into the LED age with a drop-in upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif they are actually tough little lights on the outside, just that they have so much upgrade potential inside.

Pila_Power

Enlightened
I found a little button light similar to the ones I got from KevinL last month...

I don't think it works anymore but the LED still lights up albeit a bit dimly.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
No way it counts...

But I was driving the "Loose" daughter's of my cousin (Boss/Uncle grand-daughter) 2004 F-150 Club Cab (SWEEEEET truck!) to get detailed, and found a dead M*gcharger in the center console.

I indicated to Boss/Uncle on the way back that I want a MC for my truck (as we determined her's only needed charging).

Then put in about a 225 mile day going to three different places with repair at two of them and soap delivery at third. Just got home a little before 7.

I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

Pila_Power

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
But I was driving the "Loose" daughter's of my cousin...

[/ QUOTE ]

BOTH daughters??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif