Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer's In Person?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer\'s In Person?

During the Christmas week I was in Fry's Electronics, checking the latest(Streamlight, Coast,Maglight, etc) light tools. I noticed that there were several other fellas in that section as well. I wondered how many of them were on this site?

chiphead

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*

When I first became interested in this site I was able to meet with SunSpot(Dana).He was kind enough to give me a few 5MM LEDs to play with.Very nice guy with a lot of good stories from back in the day.He was carrying the first Arc that I ever seen and it was old and weathered yet still working.It was then I realized that my hobby was not that odd as he seemed just as addicted as myself.Great members here with most usually eager to help out others and always giving good advice.Great bunch of folks we have here and I would hope to meet other members some day.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

I met 3rd_shift recently.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
Actually there's more than 2 CPFers in my country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Wouldn't want to name them here but you will surely see them posting in CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The only one I haven't met is evanlocc because he's located "overseas" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nexro, I was just kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif As for my fellow SG CPFers, I've had the pleasure of meeting pjandyho (the one who got me in this mess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ), LuxBright (the one I brought into this fine community /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ), albert, nerd, SJACKAL, s2k, reefphilic, CaseyTan, Red_Dot, ws, Fat, Starbright, suppin, AtomSphere, amlim, Slayer1, Morganch_oh, vinn & pc_light (apologies if I left anyone out*). As you can see, as we live on a small island of 4 million people, it's easy to meet up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*Edit*
*Oh dear, how could've I left out a very nice & smart young man - KevinL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

nexro

Enlightened

hehe, I know...
It's nice to meet up once or twice a month but it's really hard to find a suitable time for everyone to meet at a place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Anyhow, would definately like to meet CPFers in Sg if I go over...

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
hehe, I know...
It's nice to meet up once or twice a month but it's really hard to find a suitable time for everyone to meet at a place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Anyhow, would definately like to meet CPFers in Sg if I go over...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, you're always welcome, just give us a shout. Wonder if & when I'll ever go back to my birthplace & hometown... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes. Veteran CPFer #7 was kind enough to invite my wife and I to his great place of work when we were in his town and called him. After handling his SureFires (never touched one before) I knew I had to have one...so I bought two the next week.

Any Wisconsin, or any other, CPFers interested in a get together at some central location in the Badger State?

CNC Dan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Dan - you gonna be there this year? I missed meeting too many folks last time! I think I'll just put a big sign one me this year stating "Hi, I'm Darell, come tell me who the hell you are!"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not this year. I used up all my saved vacation time and then some. Plus, I used up a lot of my savings. I was on a three month+ 'walkabout' for the winter. Can't do that every year. I would have liked to go out there just for the get together, but I have a hard time planning that far ahead. Prehaps next year.

Brody

Newly Enlightened

I met Craig (LEDMuseum) in person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif At the time, I let him borrow my Elektrolumens Blaster VI, my Rigel Skylight, a 5W cyan light, and my Shorelight VX-1.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

I think there are at least two CPF'ers about an hour south of me in Duluth but I haven't met either. Maybe in the flashlight aisle in Wal-Mart?
However I did meet Illuminated and I believe he is/was from Indiana. He stopped by my store as we were building it in July of 2003. First Surefire I handled was his G2. Quality oozes from SF's but I still don't have one.

Anyone that comes up HWY 61 through Beaver Bay, MN should stop in and say Hi. Lake Superior on right, Wits' End Corner on left. Unless you are from Canada /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaGeek

Enlightened

I've never met any other CPFers. But again I'am still pretty new.

Zackerty

Enlightened

Yeah, once in Texas State Prison.... Oh, you said in PERSON!!!!

Nah, I've never meet any, even though there are a couple in NZ.

PJ

Enlightened

I met ksbman when I sold him a light from B/S/T, as he mentioned earlier in this thread. He seemed like a pretty nice guy just from meeting him and then I read about his Christmas gifts. Way cool. I'll have to scrounge up a light or two to throw in if he does it again.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

I work with 2 members here believe it or not - I have "it" mild compared to them

DBrier

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
Actually I have met quite a few CPFers but few will admit it. I live in a flashaholic dead zone. There might be 3 or 4 of us in Indiana and I have met one here. I have however met quite a few in Minn, Nev, and Cali. I have met Sasha twice. I have even met the mysterious PK, Don the guy with the funny light helmet and the cool lights, have met Bulky, have met the guy with the dress and lots of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooray! I am the one. Jon, you are the only one I have met in person. Nothing better than having your Pila's delivered in person to your office. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Dale

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello DBrier,

If you find a way to LasVegas, You can find lots of us there.

My longest delivery in person to fill an order on my site was a drive to Iowa.

Other distant sales I happen to already be there.