Have you seen these Surefire lights before...

zx7dave

zx7dave

Enlightened
Thanks...I'm also trying to get a idea of how many 6P versions were released to the mainstream public after the Surefire 6, just round body style. I have a picture of what I believe to be the first 6P after the release of the Surefire 6, followed by a pictures of the more common round body style 6P..then the final pic shows the size difference between two of the 6P's (the older being the shortest) and then the Surefire 6 on far right. So were there other versions and how did they differ? Thanks in advance for the help...
Earliest6P-1.jpg

6Platestroundbodyversion-1.jpg

6seriesLtoRnewesttooldest-1.jpg

jtivat

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks...I'm also trying to get a idea of how many 6P versions were released to the mainstream public after the Surefire 6, just round body style. I have a picture of what I believe to be the first 6P after the release of the Surefire 6, followed by a pictures of the more common round body style 6P..then the final pic shows the size difference between two of the 6P's (the older being the shortest) and then the Surefire 6 on far right. So were there other versions and how did they differ? Thanks in advance for the help...

Here are a few.

6P-evalution.JPG

zx7dave

zx7dave

Enlightened
Thanks..I think I am still seeing the same two models of 6P (round version) -The light on the far left is the Surefire 6 or 6C.
-The light on the far right looks like a normal round body 6P except it has the Z32 old style ribbed bexel. However the tailcap switch seems to be sticking out of the tailcap slightly more than is normal. What does it say on the tailcap of this unit?
- The light second from the right is the more modern 6P...
So that leaves number 2 and 3 from the left..from the height difference they seem to be the same two 6P's that I have. Perhaps these are the only two mainstream (meaning no prototypes) that were released by Surefire. Anyone else have more info please chime in...
BTW..I am looking for a black ribbed Z32 bexel if you decide to sell. Thanks.

Here are a few.

6P-evalution.JPG

P

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Why didn't I think of this earlier...
haveyouseenthisboy.jpg

Thats funny!

You know I sent back several of those smooth first 6P switches and got them replaced with the newer checkered style switch tailcap with the higher rubber. The smooth ones would stop work correctly and a phone call would get a new one sent to you no questions asked...
Matt

jtivat

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks..I think I am still seeing the same two models of 6P (round version) -The light on the far left is the Surefire 6 or 6C.
-The light on the far right looks like a normal round body 6P except it has the Z32 old style ribbed bexel. However the tailcap switch seems to be sticking out of the tailcap slightly more than is normal. What does it say on the tailcap of this unit?
- The light second from the right is the more modern 6P...
So that leaves number 2 and 3 from the left..from the height difference they seem to be the same two 6P's that I have. Perhaps these are the only two mainstream (meaning no prototypes) that were released by Surefire. Anyone else have more info please chime in...
BTW..I am looking for a black ribbed Z32 bexel if you decide to sell. Thanks.

The one on the far right is a 6PN it was the dive light pressure tested to 30 meters. The one on the left is a 6C and yes the next two are the only style of old round versions I have ever seen. I owned a lot of these but never came across any other version.

zx7dave

zx7dave

Enlightened
The one on the far right is a 6PN it was the dive light pressure tested to 30 meters. The one on the left is a 6C and yes the next two are the only style of old round versions I have ever seen. I owned a lot of these but never came across any other version.

JT - A 6PN...very nice. I have not come across one of those before. A nice collectable. - Dave

Size15's

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 6P with Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel is call the 6PS.
So a N-Certified version would be 6PSN.

jtivat

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you buy this light new? Looks like a 6C case?? Also in the manual it say it uses DL123's were the early 6C used 2/3 A cells.

S

SG688

Newly Enlightened
Purchased new from a police supply catalog. I wrote '10-89' on the side of the case.

The order list and "warning this sucker is bright" page are straight Sure-Fire 6. The page above seems to have 6P "pasted" onto the Sure-Fire 6 wording. e.g., Battery replacement instruction is to insert the batteries through the head.

brammalay

brammalay

Newly Enlightened
I'm new in the forum, I'm looking for surefire 6c and I think this is the only place that I may get one from. Please advice if you have any other place for me to look for one.

Thanks in advance