Have you seen this, thoughts?

gav6280

Enlightened
There is a polish website that has a new diving light for sale that i have never seen or herd of before and it is very reasonably priced.

The light doesn't have a specific name and the website doesn't even come up if you search using goggle.

I want to know if anyone else has seen or used one and what there thoughts are on it?

The manufacture would seem to be massively over rating there Led's.

How do i post a link to it here without it being classed as advertising and having my thread closed like last time?

Last edited:

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
Manafacturers over-rating their LED's seems to be the norm.
I have seen one site rating their Cree XR-E R2's at 700 lumens, and a lot having their Cree XR-E Q5's putting out 270lumen.
I just take these with a grain of salt, and refer to the LED manafacturers site for the real LED output .... after checking on CPF first of course lovecpf

MrNaz

Enlightened
Does this mean i can post a link to the site then?
You've gone through three posts and this thread is now 6 posts old discussing a light that you haven't linked to yet. Not posting the link is just stupid. Unless you personally gain from the sales of this light then posting the link is not advertising.

I say again: POST THE DAMN LINK ALREADY!

MrNaz

Enlightened
Their specs claim that their backup light gets 380 lumens out of a Cree emitter using 3 C cells and giving 10 hours of burn time.

*cough* BS *cough*

An R2 Cree cannot put out 380 lumens unless you run it well over 2A (from memory), in which case even if you had those C cell batteries running in parallel for about 15Ah you'd only get 7.5h of burntime.

As it is, those Cs are in series, meaning a large step down voltage regulator is being used, cutting a non-trivial chunk out of efficiency, dropping the burn time.

Furthermore, an R2 driven that hard is not going to last very long, perhaps a few hundred hours if that.

So yea, totally overrated. I doubt they have spent any time at all ensuring that their ratings are realistic.

gav6280

Enlightened
Agreed defiantly overrated lumen wise, but i did contact them to see about buying the cannister light and i wont mention the price here but it is its surprisingly affordable.

Looks quite nice too, very clever and neat how you turn the units on/off.