HDS EDC vs. ???

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to get a small light that I can EDC when a 'full' EDC is not needed. I decided this light has to be 1x123, or smaller then a 2x123 SF E seris, and have the ablility to run on some sort of rechargables. It also must be 2 stage or more, and LED.
From all this the options I got were HDS am I missing something?

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS EDCs are top-of-the-class for EDC carry my opinion says. If you don't mind waiting the long time for the waiting list, they are worth every penny and then some I feel.

There is nothing else out there that I know of that match their performance:size ratio.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there still a wait? Batterystation says they have the EDC basic 60 in stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif maybe the web page is out of date?

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
thesurefire said:
Is there still a wait? Batterystation says they have the EDC basic 60 in stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif maybe the web page is out of date?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you order directly from factory you gotta wait. If you find some at Batterystation and they have them in stock, go for it I says. You will NOT regreat this purchase I predict.

W4DIZ

Enlightened
I called BatteryStation on Fri.I will have a EDC Basic 60
in my hands on Monday.With Ten free batts.and $10.00 less
than HDS and FAST shipping,you can not go worng buying from BattryStation.

NetMage

Enlightened
If you can wait a little while, the andrewwynn nano-3 should be in run two. It is a AAA sized li-on light running a lux III.

My TW-4/McE2s is tied with my EDC 42 Basic right now for my daily carry.

attowatt

Enlightened
NetMage ,

Do you have pics you can post- side by side/ front view of an hds 60/42 next to an e1e or tw4 for comparison

Jim

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would love to see pics comparing the HDS to a TW4 in both size and output. Thanks.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I started another thread on which light to get, the EL1 or the Basic 60. I think I will order the Basic 60 in the morning. I have an L4 and could make a TW4 if I got the EL1, but still no multi level light. So far every one seems very happy with their HDS EDC. I hope I will be too.

attowatt

Enlightened
ok,

somebody's got to have a picture of this lite next to an e1x series lite

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif ....................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
THe HDS is what fit's the bill. basic 60 like mine does all i need a EDC or really any light to do for my need's.(ill break the MC if I need that kinda light!) i think you will not be disappointed. VDG

luxlover

Banned
For attowatt, and thesurefire....

Here is a side shot of an HDS EDC and an E1e light with a 4th G KL1 bezel, taken by my HP scanner. I don't have a digital camera. Disregard the rubber grip ring on the E1e.

HDSEDCE1e.jpg

attowatt

Enlightened
thanks luxlover. is that a 42, 60... 0r 60gt and are they(HDS) all the same dimensions.

I promise no more questions.

awwww man batterystation is out..... i was soooo close

JIm

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HDS EDC vs. ???(LRI Proton may be)

If You dont want to stick to CR123,

Consider Proton from LRI ... It's 1 AA, Runs on Cheap AA Batteries, can also run on Rechargables. Puts out 60 Lumens... and as what i have read somewhere.. it would be around $60-$70 Range

Proton has Multiple Brightness settings etc.. it also has a Red LED for to preserve your NightVision during the dark...

I dont think it's a Match for HDS because they are two totally different categories. Though Light Output is same as HDS EDC 60

Yes as rumoured around the Photon Light Forum, the Proton will be out in July sometime... and i feel that if you can wait for HDS (wait time of 45 Working Days) .. i think you should also consider waiting for other Lights as well...

Today is 18th of May by the way ....

just my $0.02 worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

luxlover

Banned
Thank you Billson for covering for me. When will I hear that you have purchased an Ultimate 42 or 60, at which time I may return the favor?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

luxlover

Banned
attowatt,
It is an Ultimate 60. All six of Henry's lights are the same size. I will not be charging to answer questions this week, but who knows about next week? Ask away while the price is right! Happy to help.

Keep glued to the Battery Station website, for Kevin's daily HDS inventory updates.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
luxlover,

Do you know if the HDS 60 goes:
60 lumens
42 lumens
10 lumens
2.5 lumens
This has probably been answered somewhere, but there are soooo many posts about this light, who has the time to read them all? Not me.
Thanks
Lisa

jdempsey

Newly Enlightened
Just got my HDS basic 60 from Battery Station last week....quick ship ..got it in 4 days. I love it! I compared it to my QIII (lottery winner) and the normal (3rd) level which comes on win you turn the HDS on, is as bright as or slightly brighter than the QIII. The QIII is a flood beam and the HDS is more of a spot with adequate spill.
When switched to High beam (4th level)it is virtually equal to the T3 and has more spill than the tightly focussed T3. It's impressive.........