HDS high CRI clicky saved us

civic77

Newly Enlightened
Asiatic reticulated python are the longest snakes I think on average. However anaconda are heavier so depending on how you classify the biggest either can be considered the biggest snake. Burmese pythons get pretty big too. Not sure about boas though or how big they get.

Good to hear your ok.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
IIRC the reticulated python is the longest. Female anacondas get really long and fat, like 30 ft, 250 lbs, while males not so big. I don't think any boas get that large. I may have to do some googling, now you got me thinking. :duh2:
We learn all kinds of stuff here at CPF University! :thumbsup:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks JDest, nbp and civic77 for the knowledge imparted to me. Now that you guys reminded me, it is the reticulated python, quite common in an asian tropical climate. I am always amazed by constrictors and how powerful they are, although I can't say I develop a love for them, I can however say that I have a deep sense of awe for them.

kaichu dento, it is indeed nice to surf on CPF university. There are a ton of knowledge from fellow CPFers that one could always absorb from time to time. And in answer to your question, I have yet to copy and paste this post in the HDS testimonial page as I am typing this from my phone and it is kind of quite tedious to do so. I will do it when I get back.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
kaichu dento, it is indeed nice to surf on CPF university. There are a ton of knowledge from fellow CPFers that one could always absorb from time to time. And in answer to your question, I have yet to copy and paste this post in the HDS testimonial page as I am typing this from my phone and it is kind of quite tedious to do so. I will do it when I get back.
That last part made me laugh out loud! :laughing:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Not yet - I'm not sure who to send it to, especially since I'd like to see about having the reflector changed out too.

I wonder if I could do it myself...

ss Dragonfly

Newly Enlightened
I would be careful with trying to blind a snake with a light...these snakes strike at heat signatures from warm blooded animals and not what they "see" with their eyes.

Pythons and boas are very sensitive to temperature variations and they use this "sense" to hunt as opposed to striking what they see with their eyes.

Glad everything turned out alright though...

Cheers,
Shane

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet - I'm not sure who to send it to, especially since I'd like to see about having the reflector changed out too.

I wonder if I could do it myself...

Kind of scary isn't it? Especially if one has not done it before. For a while I was wondering whom you would be sending to.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kaichu Dento

I've been talking with Milkyspit about upgrading one of my Clickys and one of his suggestions was putting an SST 90 in it, so im very confident that he could just about any mod you wish

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Kaichu Dento

I've been talking with Milkyspit about upgrading one of my Clickys and one of his suggestions was putting an SST 90 in it, so im very confident that he could just about any mod you wish
Did you guys talk at all about what that would do on the lights low levels? I'd love to put a K2 in maybe, but I'd hate to have the low end get any higher than it already is.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
We didnt actually go that far into it but I have modded a few Novatacs and the older HDS EDC models with K2 TFFC emitters and the low level wasnt all that much brighter, I love my low levels too, im currently trying to get less than 1 lumen out my Lummi Raw.

I think it also depends on how efficient the new emitter is, obviously a more efficient emitter will be brighter than the stock at the same power level.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised your wife bought the "Let's blind snake with our flashlights" plan. My wife would have said, "You blind the snake. I'm going back to the car!"

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys talk at all about what that would do on the lights low levels? I'd love to put a K2 in maybe, but I'd hate to have the low end get any higher than it already is.

That was one of my main concerns. Moon mode. It's so important to me, especially when I do not wish to disturb my wife in her sleep.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised your wife bought the "Let's blind snake with our flashlights" plan. My wife would have said, "You blind the snake. I'm going back to the car!"

She didn't really have a choice either. It's a 9 km trek and we are exactly halfway through. It's either 4.5 km forward or 4.5 km back. :D