HDS High Noon Second Run interest thread

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, after about 15 minutes of trying to nitpick, I personally find no difference between the "High Noon" and the stock 200lm "High CR-I" HDS offering. Side by side, the throw, spill, hotspot size, corona brightness, etc. all appear to be the same. Only difference is color tint. YMMV, don't hang your hat on my personal observations... :nana: :p.

I have both lights and I find that the 200 High CRI has a broader and less defined hotspot than the High Noon.
My 200 High CRI has the most recent design of the OP reflector that sits low, the High Noon the current smooth. I also find that the 170N with the older design OP that sits higher (on the LED) has a tighter more defined hotspot than my 200 High CRI.
Not sure of the difference between the High CRI and High Noon both using the smooth reflector though?

scout24

Flashaholic
I took my two outside when I compared them to walk my dogs. 5 yards out to as far as I could see with them. Your eyes must be better than mine... :)

redryder

Enlightened
I bought a 200 Hcri recently and got the smooth reflector. Compared to the old OP, the hot spot is much smaller and the spill less bright. When you turn it brighter, the hot spot gets brighter but the spill not so much. The light throws better with a tighter beam than the old OP reflector but I like the old OP better.

I have both lights and I find that the 200 High CRI has a broader and less defined hotspot than the High Noon.
My 200 High CRI has the most recent design of the OP reflector that sits low, the High Noon the current smooth. I also find that the 170N with the older design OP that sits higher (on the LED) has a tighter more defined hotspot than my 200 High CRI.
Not sure of the difference between the High CRI and High Noon both using the smooth reflector though?

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I finally caved and I am in for 1 clicky. Wanted to get one of each but only sold one light to fund it.

So I have an HDS 200 HiCri. Those that have the HiCri and High noon, def worth getting the high noon? No regrets at all? Def a noticeable color in tint?

Just need that extra persuasion that It worth picking one up even if I have a HiCri. [emoji3]

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I finally caved and I am in for 1 clicky. Wanted to get one of each but only sold one light to fund it.

So I have an HDS 200 HiCri. Those that have the HiCri and High noon, def worth getting the high noon? No regrets at all? Def a noticeable color in tint?

Just need that extra persuasion that It worth picking one up even if I have a HiCri. [emoji3]

Yes, definitely a noticeable difference in colour temp. The tint is quite pure and has a more overall whiteness to it rendering whites more white especially under comparison.
I think the High Noon run is particularly good and can't see why anyone that appreciates neutral tints and high CRI wouldn't like it.
Add some feedback once you get yours.
Edit. If you can rationalise keeping both the Hi CRI and High Noon, I can, I think they are definitely both nice to have and compliment each other well. You'll see what I mean once you have both in your hands.
Unless you're one of those sensible people that go minimalist and so on (not a bad way to be) I'd say you'll definitely think it's worth it.

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phew, glad to hear! Really can't wait for this second batch to go.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phew, glad to hear! Really can't wait for this second batch to go.
I bet.
My thoughts are that anyone interested in purchasing a HDS currently would do well to get in on this, especially if considering the Hi CRI.
Personally I wouldn't go the standard 250 or the 325 (even the 4000K) which leaves the 200 Hi CRI. The only reason to go the 200 Hi CRI is if you like a warmer more cosy tint as to me the High Noon provides technically better light as in whiter whites and a better representation of things as being more true to real life if that makes sense which I guess is what Hogo was striving for and why it's called the High Noon.
The 200 Hi CRI is great and I really like it's warmth and comfortable viewing with great CRI but the High Noon is the High Noon.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,

Is there a deadline if we don't make it to 24? Would Henry go ahead and still make this run even if we don't have 24 buyers?

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo,

Is there a deadline if we don't make it to 24? Would Henry go ahead and still make this run even if we don't have 24 buyers?

His production process is in batches of 24 so likely no

And literally this is a case of Hogo ordering 24 lights from Henry & then selling them to us so it's a cash flow management thing. AND Hogo already has his grail light so this is a situation of him simply having an additional 24 led's so he's sharing his grail love with us. And recouping his bare led purchasing costs.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks froggy for the input. Darn, so might be awhile then since we are only at 14. Guess just have to be patient and keep waiting

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks froggy for the input. Darn, so might be awhile then since we are only at 14. Guess just have to be patient and keep waiting

Just buy the last 10 and be done with it!

I'm hoping to get in on this, but I'm hesitant to claim one until I can secure the finances and the mental/emotional space to own another HDS.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Just want to bump this up because I want to get another one.

Sales Pitch:
If you're fond of white light for it's visual brightness bump over warmer tints but feel like you lose out on accurate color rendering by choosing some other emitter at 5700k, this is your light. Pure white, not yellowish, not pinkish, not bluish! 93 CRI! The best of both worlds!
Noonday sun rays in your pocket!
Couple this with a host that will last a lifetime (and backed by a lifetime warranty), there is NO downside!
Choose the Rotary configuration and 24 levels of perfect white light are instantly available!
Should you not absolutely love the HDS High Noon, you can sell it here easily for almost what you paid for it!
Couple the High Noon with a top of the line, custom made holster from Thors Hammer Custom Leather and all you do is win, win, win!
Some will say "Too expensive", I hear that. But what is more expensive is buying light after light, year after year, chasing a dream. Well, your chase can end here. This IS the light at the end of the tunnel! Get it today!

Ok, done. 😉

Eciton

Newly Enlightened
Just want to bump this up because I want to get another one.

Sales Pitch:
If you're fond of white light for it's visual brightness bump over warmer tints but feel like you lose out on accurate color rendering by choosing some other emitter at 5700k, this is your light. Pure white, not yellowish, not pinkish, not bluish! 93 CRI! The best of both worlds!
Noonday sun rays in your pocket!
Couple this with a host that will last a lifetime (and backed by a lifetime warranty), there is NO downside!
Choose the Rotary configuration and 24 levels of perfect white light are instantly available!
Should you not absolutely love the HDS High Noon, you can sell it here easily for almost what you paid for it!
Couple the High Noon with a top of the line, custom made holster from Thors Hammer Custom Leather and all you do is win, win, win!
Some will say "Too expensive", I hear that. But what is more expensive is buying light after light, year after year, chasing a dream. Well, your chase can end here. This IS the light at the end of the tunnel! Get it today!

Ok, done. 😉

If I wasn't already in for one you'd have just persuaded me!

scout24

Flashaholic
My guess is tbat would require more current to the emitter than Henry will supply in the interest of minimum runtime on high.

Edit-Nice try, though... ;)