HDS HDS Systems #23

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
That is a nice HDS, and I would not take a chance on accidentally touching the reflector. There is no amount of cleaning that can be done to take it off.
The reflector does not need to be touched, only the diode. Seem to be I didn't write exactly, you don't need to open the reflector, but unscrew the reflector with the bezel so that it's like this. The reflector will be safe
1674654164096.png

What is on the diode here can be both scratches and traces of thermal paste and a piece of adhesive tape or some kind of film. Until you unscrew and look under a magnifying glass, you can't say for sure
1674657340666.png

It's like clean binoculars, you can clean everything, or you can ruin everything

Spyder333

Newly Enlightened
The reflector does not need to be touched, only the diode. Seem to be I didn't write exactly, you don't need to open the reflector, but unscrew the reflector with the bezel so that it's like this. The reflector will be safe
View attachment 38302
What is on the diode here can be both scratches and traces of thermal paste and a piece of adhesive tape or some kind of film. Until you unscrew and look under a magnifying glass, you can't say for sure
View attachment 38306

It's like clean binoculars, you can clean everything, or you can ruin everything

Thanks for that information. If I'm feeling brave enough one day I may do that. The light works perfectly though, and I assume it's been calibrated to account for any effect that spot may have on the lumen output.

If I do open it up, should I just try rubbing the LED dome with an alcohol wipe to see if that removes the spot? Not sure how delicate the dome is.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Thanks for that information. If I'm feeling brave enough one day I may do that. The light works perfectly though, and I assume it's been calibrated to account for any effect that spot may have on the lumen output.

If I do open it up, should I just try rubbing the LED dome with an alcohol wipe to see if that removes the spot? Not sure how delicate the dome is.

I used 95% medical ethyl alcohol, everything was fine. But it takes very little for the cotton wool to be barely damp.
I did this with regular cotton wool or a cotton disc for female faces. Alcohol wipes can scratch, I learned this from an expensive monitor and lint-free alcohol wipes that were intended for optics and screens
1674667859890.png

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Great to see such nice flashlights. Canned air can be used for dust on reflectors. One should be careful to keep the can upright when using it, thinking. That is such an excellent design; keeping the reflector separate from the emitter.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
When I was looking for a suitable picture for the previous previous message, at first I did not notice, but now I noticed the intestines of the old osram golden dragon. The inside is also beautiful, never seen before. I looked at this controller, even if you buy in bulk, I guess henry tests them as carefully as he tests diodes and the part goes to the trash, right?

Here is that message, but I copied the photo from there, because I do not know how long they will live there

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 02.png
    02.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 03.png
    03.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 32

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume it's been calibrated to account for any effect that spot may have on the lumen output.
It would have been calibrated just as it is. Once they come to me for calibration, I NEVER open them up. They are calibrated with the head completely intact (reflector/bezel/lens) as one unit that will be shipped.

E=mAh²

Newly Enlightened
I received my EDC Custom Rotary. I knew it the moment I picked it up. this is a great light. I can't wait for night. View attachment 38287 View attachment 38288 View attachment 38289
Dang I forgot how sexy the black bezel looks especially with the lower profile flush switch.

That almost looks darker black than previous variants, or at least that I have had on my lights or seen on others.

Thinking back now, I remember to my surprise the black bezels seemed to soak up (or hide) the scratches/blemishes better than the original naked stainless in my experience.

Damn, I haven't second guessed any of my options up till this point... Thanks alot! :banghead: :crazy:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
To my cpf/hds community:
I have adult adhd and the absence of hourly updates on my expensive property bought with my hard earned pittance tugs at my psyche. That being said, your lights, parts, repairs are all being taken care of as quickly as a two man shop can. This particular 2 man shop has an eye for detail that can be a hindrance to speedy delivery times but yet is one I can appreciate. Sending your light or buying your light from hds is the difference between a car wash and detailing. Which one would you prefer on that ‘76 grand torino with candy apple red paint with a white swoosh on the side when the sun is shining down the a bevy of beauties playing a volleyball tournament at the beach?

Latest posts