HDS Systems #23

LRJ88

Enlightened
View attachment 62635

I like the Oveready clips, they fit well, with good retention and looks great.
1717174097703.jpeg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been awhile since I've posted… I've been rather busy working 120 hour weeks on the boo-boo bus… but that isn't to say things are not happening at HDS. I still manage to get there once a week… and things are progressing nicely.
We are working on become self-sufficient… meaning machining and all electronics being done in house. We are not there yet but hoping to be all set up for this by the end of the year. This will mean smaller runs will be possible along with more unique offerings.
IMG_1394.jpeg

HDS will also be branching out into a new area that is near and dear to me… more on that later.

Hogo out.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The shop sent me the wrong batteries a year ago, I only checked them now. Instead of CR2 3.6V lifepo4 there is CR2 4.2V li-ion. They can kill the CR2 flashlight that I ordered (or not, but it's too old and rare to check that), so I had to wrap it with electrical tape so that they would not dangle too much and now they live in HDS, lol. I checked both batteries, 16 minutes at level 23 (burst on) and then a sharp drop of 5-10 seconds on every step and shutdown

Attachments

• IMG_9142.JPG
    IMG_9142.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are working on become self-sufficient… meaning machining and all electronics being done in house. We are not there yet but hoping to be all set up for this by the end of the year. This will mean smaller runs will be possible along with more unique offerings.
Sounds great. Hope that means we get the "HDS 40 Years in business" Anniversary Stainless Steel Clicky maybe two years delayed :crackup: :crackup: :clap: :clap:

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Hi guys. Haven't been around here in a while. I'm trying to inventory my lights and can't seem to figure out what kinda out output my rotary is.

It's marked xpg and has a blue sticker. I think it's probably a 140lm but would love some help.

IMG_9304.jpeg
IMG_9305.jpeg

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's the color temperature? Is it warm or cool?
Blue sticker does indicate 140 lumens, assuming it's warm, it's a 3700°k XP-G High CRI. Most of these were 120 lumens, but the last batch of these were tuned to 140.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
How's the color temperature? Is it warm or cool?
Blue sticker does indicate 140 lumens, assuming it's warm, it's a 3700°k XP-G High CRI. Most of these were 120 lumens, but the last batch of these were tuned to 140.

It's definitely cool so 140LM. Makes sense, it just catches me off guard as it's brighter than expected. Thank you!

neco

Enlightened
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a beam comparison of a hds with nb45 next to a hds with na52?
I'd really appreciate being able to see it before ordering…
I should be getting na52 in next day or two, waiting for delivery. Can post comparison once in hand.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
hds with nb45 next to a hds with na52?
IMG_7287.jpg

pOs0mUF.jpg

qS6Nyen.jpg

The Sunwayman V10r reflector is not as deep as the HDS, so the transition from hotspot to spill is not as clean as on the HDS.

The 219b has a smaller dome, so a slightly smaller hotspot. The batch of 5700K 519a that HDS got, are closer to 5200K than 5700K. I do not know the Tint DUV of the HDS batch.

sw45k is my personal favorite. the 519a is also nice, especially if you prefer less pink tint. The cooler color temp of the 519a is nice during the day.

Last edited:
View attachment 64335
View attachment 64336
View attachment 64337
The Sunwayman V10r reflector is not as deep as the HDS, so the transition from hotspot to spill is not as clean as on the HDS.

The 219b has a smaller dome, so a slightly smaller hotspot. The batch of 5700K 519a that HDS got, are closer to 5200K than 5700K. I do not know the Tint DUV of the HDS batch.

sw45k is my personal favorite. the 519a is also nice, especially if you prefer less pink tint. The cooler color temp of the 519a is nice during the day.
Thank you. Seems like nothing can beat sw45k… not liking the tint on that 519a.
I appreciate it. Will most likely buy another sw45k rotary.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the repair turnaround like these days? I just bought an NLT325 from another CPF member and it looks like the emitter's dome is peeling off. I've never seen this before but there aren't any visible tool marks or signs of tinkering.

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the repair turnaround like these days? I just bought an NLT325 from another CPF member and it looks like the emitter's dome is peeling off. I've never seen this before but there aren't any visible tool marks or signs of tinkering.
My last light that i had sent back for repair, took a little over 3 months to get back.
I think it depends on the repair needed. As @Rossymeister said, it took a few months. However, when I sent my clicky in for a faulty switch, it was back within 2 weeks of it arriving at HDS.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
it looks like the emitter's dome is peeling off.
sorry to hear that, how bad is the issue, does it affect the beam, do you see a bright blue output from part of the LED on low output?

HDS does not replace emitters on completed lights.. they would have to swap the whole head for another one w the same LED.

otoh, there are some people capable of replacing the LED on an HDS, notably Andy Zhu

Maybe the PO started to attempt to dedome (and did not go through with it). Dedoming is not a thing one can normally do successfully w the XP-G3 in your light. Removing the dome will usually tear off some of the phosphor, which results in a bright blue spot on the LED.

If HDS does not think the partly detached dome is their fault, they will offer to sell you a new head, not under warranty. A new head probably will cost you more, than paying Andy to replace the LED.

So, if you want warranty service (assuming HDS feels the issue is a warranty item) to end up w the same LED, contact HDS.. otoh, since you bought the light used (and damaged), if you want to pay a modder to upgrade to a different LED, contact Andy

Any delay at HDS would be due to having to wait for another manufacturing cycle to produce another NLT head, unless they have a spare in stock.

for simpler things like replacing a rubber button on a rotary, Henry did that for a couple of my HDS within a 3 day turnaround.

Last edited:

Latest posts