HDS HDS Systems #23

K

klackey

Newly Enlightened
I will add that I have "many" ok many, many .... HDS lights........ And I really use them. I have had a bit of bad luck with the 18650 tubes but in the past they were repaired. It was my fault........ Damm shower...... Now I use a classic clicky (per Henery recommendation) and no issues over a year +. My repair issue is probably the last of the shower rotaries....

My other light is NOT reliability/ performance issue...... a preference that Henery generously agreed to help out with..

My issue is the fact that no communication has occurred in a reasonable amount of time.....

The PRODUCT is always outstanding and my MOST trusted lights. I truly rely on my lights for serious jobs... not the shower duty :).

scout24

scout24

Staff member
I do think the.Mtn.Man hit it on the head- HDS is not a multi continent manufacturing powerhouse. They make awesome stuff. Lots of people like their stuff. Communication, going back before my join date here on CPF, was never a strong suit. Patience is key. I have a different NON HDS light from a highly respected custom/semi custom maker here on the forum that I've been trying to get repaired properly since July of 2021. Communication has been sporadic at best, which flies in the face of the reputation the business has. Repair has been sent back twice as no good. Last I heard weeks ago was parts are in stock. Crickets. Point is, I fully understand your frustration but have always had rock solid service from HDS. It may take time, but that shouldn't really be a suprise. Now, imagine if you will a time before Hogo was on board at HDS and there was no subforum. And Henry didn't really check in. Just 1000+ post threads of random HDS banter... 😊 Things are light years better than at some points in the past...

Hogokansatsukan

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be over at HDS tomorrow and give Henry a spanking. I won't talk dirty to him while I do it as he might enjoy that.
I'll see if I can get him in gear to respond to those emails.
He is just getting over a possible case of Covid, and similar to the case I had, it just made me tired and cranky. Still, I know he should be responding to those emails in something much quicker than a Henry 2 weeks.
I don't have anything to do with repairs, but here are some reasons they take longer:

1. Diagnosing the problem. Being completely anal retentive, Henry MUST know exactly what the problem is. Not just what the light is doing wonky, but WHY the light is acting wonky. He does this to engineer possible future wonkiness out of the light. He tries to repeat consistently the issue the light is having. If it is a sporadic issue, then this becomes much more time intensive.

2. If the light needs a part we are out of... then we are in HDS machinist vendor hell. We have been here a lot since Covid reared its ugly head. We now have our own room in machinist vendor hell with our names on it. Hoping to move out of here soon as I think the lease for this room is almost over. Not a lease we want to renew.

3. Personal issues. NOT health or HDS related and have nothing to do with HDS as a company or anything like that, but has eaten up a TON of his time. Since this is personal, it has no business on a public forum. He is fine, so don't panic. Think of having a baby or adopting 18 special needs puppies, or something along those lines.

None of these are a good excuse for not answering emails, so I'll get the leather belt out. I know he is old enough to remember the sound of a leather belt being quickly pulled through pant loops in order to be used as a "corrective tool."

K

klackey

Newly Enlightened
Sincerely appreciate the response..... Just would like a little information......... but that takes time too.

Glade to hear that things are "ok"....... would be interested in knowing more but completely respect I/we are not friends and truly believe in some things being truly private........ This is just a business not a marriage. :) But wow I do love the lights he/ you all make and want all to be well........... I have tremendous respect in what HDS has accomplished.

Thanks...

desert.snake

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
If we assume that it has some kind of magical effect, like crystals of quartz, agate or tiger's eye, then it is unlikely. If you take it crushed together with the battery, then you can get poisoned, if you take it crushed without a battery, then nothing will happen. If you take it whole, it will not harm the flashlight, it will not affect the urination, but it will amuse the surgeons. Periodically people do it with Maglite

PoliceScannerMan

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I am a x-ray tech, and I'm at work, seeing that image on CPF confused me for a minute! LOL! :D

desert.snake

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Interestingly, judging by the photo, this coating was over anodizing, that is, if it breaks off in pieces, will it be black under it or will aluminum still be visible?

R

Randy1956

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been addressed adnauseum! I sent my 2020 Clicky that quit in a couple of months ago. I spoke with Henry and he received it, but had not checked it yet about a month ago. Is there any timeline that I might expect a repair? Thanks.

Soulrack

Soulrack

Newly Enlightened
I am hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong with my HDS Rotary. I have been carrying it this week and it drained a relatively new RCR123A cell with little use. I put a new Energizer CR123A cell in it and it refused to come on after just riding around in my pocket. The new cell was down to 60% according to my ZTS tester without use in a day. After testing that cell and putting it back in the light did click on again. I let it sit all day today and just retested the cell, it is still at 60% but upon putting it back in the light the light is flashing like a slow strobe and not responding to clicks or rotation. This one has the Cree XPL 3900k, SN 386xx

I've carried an HDS Rotary every day for at least a decade, mostly a SN 329xx with a Nichia 219B for many, many years with any issues.

Thanks for any info.

Hogokansatsukan

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong with my HDS Rotary. I have been carrying it this week and it drained a relatively new RCR123A cell with little use. I put a new Energizer CR123A cell in it and it refused to come on after just riding around in my pocket. The new cell was down to 60% according to my ZTS tester without use in a day. After testing that cell and putting it back in the light did click on again. I let it sit all day today and just retested the cell, it is still at 60% but upon putting it back in the light the light is flashing like a slow strobe and not responding to clicks or rotation. This one has the Cree XPL 3900k, SN 386xx

I've carried an HDS Rotary every day for at least a decade, mostly a SN 329xx with a Nichia 219B for many, many years with any issues.

Thanks for any info.
Copy the above, put it in an email to Henry [email protected]. If he doesn't respond in a week, let me know and I'll spank him again.