HDS Systems #23

realone

Newly Enlightened
In the rotary, if they added a second screw 1 inch in line and did a small tap and thread. Wonder if that would work.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the eternal HDS pocket clip discussion. I know it's a make or break issue for some, but I still say the HDS is the ideal EDC flashlight even without a perfect clip solution for the rotary. Haven't had a new HDS in a couple of years. I may ask Santa for an SDR50 with an 18650 tube of one persuasion or another.

Sos24

Enlightened
Ah, the eternal HDS pocket clip discussion. I know it's a make or break issue for some, but I still say the HDS is the ideal EDC flashlight even without a perfect clip solution for the rotary. Haven't had a new HDS in a couple of years. I may ask Santa for an SDR50 with an 18650 tube of one persuasion or another.

I agree about the pocket clip. The majority of time I carry mine, it is in a pocket organizer with no clip required. I do have a Streamlight clip on one of mine and it works great for when I want a clip.

As far as the SDR50, I would say go for it because it is really nice.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree about the pocket clip. The majority of time I carry mine, it is in a pocket organizer with no clip required. I do have a Streamlight clip on one of mine and it works great for when I want a clip.

As far as the SDR50, I would say go for it because it is really nice.

Thanks for the advice. I've been using the NB45 almost exclusively since 2018. The 95 CRI is hard to beat, but I find the 50% increase in luminosity intriguing, even though I've never really found the 200 lm device lacking. Though I've been quite taken with the executive model, the SDR50 might even be a rotary. 2020 has been a year of firsts. Why not? I always carry my HDS in my front left pocket next to my giant, absurd, toast shaped cell phone, so pocket clips are a non issue for me.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
8c2a28617c9cf0ff8d5d34d86f289051.jpg

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, will there be an update to the clicky interface in the near or far future? Or HDS 2 maybe?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think that when you and I see the same heated discussion come around like it was something new, we've been on here too long.

It'll be flush or raised soon.
P

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was a clip in one of my parts boxes. no idea where it came from, but has been working great. the split style sit's atop the rotary screw if you want, or will sit below it....

HDS-18650.jpg

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of getting my first HDS light. A HDS EDC LE Clicky with 18650 "tube", and either the SDR50 or NLT.

Prefer the Clicky's increased durability and reliability and the ability to switch tailcaps on my own. Would probably use mostly high and maximum so rotary won't see too much ise from me. I have the Surefire G2X Pro and like the 320 lumens brightness level.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife gave me a HDS rotary flashlight for my birthday. She said, "do you know that is a $350 flashlight?" I said "really?"

Then she said, "can you fix my (Chinese) flashlight? The wire came loose and it needs to be soldered."

carrot

Flashaholic
I was thinking of getting my first HDS light. A HDS EDC LE Clicky with 18650 "tube", and either the SDR50 or NLT.

Prefer the Clicky's increased durability and reliability and the ability to switch tailcaps on my own. Would probably use mostly high and maximum so rotary won't see too much ise from me. I have the Surefire G2X Pro and like the 320 lumens brightness level.

While the Clicky is very good I would still recommend the Rotary over it. The Rotary is simply a marvel you cannot get anywhere else and the price is very close to the Clicky.

The Rotary can be opened, if you are patient and careful. Check out one of the older HDS Systems #xxx threads for some disassembly info by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond.