HDS Systems #23

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Hello Hogo, I hope it's ok if I try here since Henry isn't answering via e-mail: is there any update on the HDS Rotary SN 38406 that I sent in? It's the one that sometimes flashes to the highest level when dialing down or up the levels.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not taking up for Henry or excusing his behaviors....but It seems he prefers the phone because he always answers when I call….and then he'll spend 20+ mins answering any questions

Last edited:

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I never thought about calling since I'm in Argentina, but I'll see if I can call through Skype. Thanks!

Last edited:

redryder

Enlightened
Hello Hogo, I hope it's ok if I try here since Henry isn't answering via e-mail: is there any update on the HDS Rotary SN 38406 that I sent in? It's the one that sometimes flashes to the highest level when dialing down or up the levels.
I have a Rotary that did the same thing. I sent it in but it still did it when I got it back. It was one of the later models with the noisy contacts. It seemed to do it in almost exactly the the same dial position.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Phone call did the trick; "in the next few weeks" - @ Hogo: since that's in Henry-weeks, is that before 2023?! ;-)

I have a Rotary that did the same thing. I sent it in but it still did it when I got it back. It was one of the later models with the noisy contacts. It seemed to do it in almost exactly the the same dial position.
I hope he can fix mine. I wouldn't call mine noisy, but it's my only Rotary. When I hold it next to my ear I can hear a little bit of grinding.. But only then. I think it's from 2017.
My panda jumps levels. Only every so often. Doesn't bug me yet lol.
Jumping levels would be fine - mine goes to the maximum level. It's literally a flash, when it's very dark and you're on the lowest levels it literally blinds you for a few seconds and is very unpleasant (it can can also get stuck there until rotating again). I'd be fine with skipping a level every so often.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogokansatsukan
What about NB27? I stated that in the Emitter recommendation thread some time ago. 219B is well known @ HDS and I think there is a nice (maybe smaller group of ~20 people) that might be interested. Would be a great thing is HDS would do this.
The LED is still available:

Since it is not something completely new like the Samsung LEDs when they were checked and everything I guess the effort should be not that high.

You know I like that warm colors. :) Therefore my question.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogokansatsukan
What about NB27? I stated that in the Emitter recommendation thread some time ago. 219B is well known @ HDS and I think there is a nice (maybe smaller group of ~20 people) that might be interested. Would be a great thing is HDS would do this.
The LED is still available:

Since it is not something completely new like the Samsung LEDs when they were checked and everything I guess the effort should be not that high.

You know I like that warm colors. :) Therefore my question.
I would be in I am sure so

klackey

Enlightened
""Always best to call Henry about a repair"". That I am sure is the case, but not everyone can use phones during "office hours". Email is not time frame dependent as they can be sent and responded to whenever. If he is not going to respond to email, he should not have one....................... I have been waiting for a response for 3 MONTHS. Every email (3) has been pleasant but it is getting a bit frustrating as I have two unusable lights.