HDS Systems #23

Stoneking

Enlightened
I started working on a mule. Adapting it to an HDS switch is where I've hit a wall.
8269EAF6-B80E-405A-9F74-9FE7EC1C75B1.jpeg
CC0B0063-EE6B-4032-A7BB-48C2FE06FE32.jpeg
017B9473-1CAB-482F-99A9-FD3DD98487CD.jpeg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might not be the place to ask but……… Has any one ever made a HDS Mule?
I have a white diffusor in my Amber which is my most used light, but a dedicated Mule would be exceprional.
I have not seen this. But it should be quite easy. Only a small bezel is needed that fits the lens.
Basically if you unscrew the reflector you have what you are looking for.

You only need a 3rd party parts Maker of this slim bezel.

Stoneking

Enlightened
I have not seen this. But it should be quite easy. Only a small bezel is needed that fits the lens.
Basically if you unscrew the reflector you have what you are looking for.

You only need a 3rd party parts Maker of this slim bezel.
Just bore out the bezel…

Attachments

• CA284BBE-704C-4C4A-B56C-FAFD91C6ED5B.jpeg
    CA284BBE-704C-4C4A-B56C-FAFD91C6ED5B.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 98

cdosrun

Enlightened
What's current turnaround time on repairs? I have a stand in from another company that while I like it well enough it isn't the same as my beloved rotary… and my thumb is getting a bit sore from trying to turn the tailcap, muscle memory just won't update!
Mine are running at almost 10 months for a firmware update (and a replacement rotary end-stop screw) and Twisty repair. The latter is beyond economical repair and Henry has generously allowed me to upgrade this to a Rotary. In all fairness I think the delay has been with the Twisty being 18650 and awaiting battery tubes but it would be nice to finally get tham back - fed up using this old Novatac! Hopefully the smaller lights will be a little quicker.

Hogokansatsukan has made a beautiful holster for the replacement but it is sat unused until Henry is able to complete the work and return the lights to me.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I was always a big HDS fan but this backorder/repair thing is just crazy. My take on all this is if you do buy and HDS might just want to shelf it. Because when it goes wrong you're not getting another one for 6-12 months.I get supply and demand chain is an issue but the old HDS was not like this.U60's U42 etc. era had plenty and had more then a few crap out on me. Think I got them fixed or repaired in week. Not months or years.

TentativeMeteorite

Newly Enlightened
How much did they go up?
Looks like a Rotary with most custom emitter choices now cost $408 after $15 shipping. I believe they were closer to 350 out the door.

Edit: and I am not saying the product is not worth the price increase. I'm sure it is a justified price increase. They just might be too much for me now.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ouch! Henry needs to bring back a simple no nonsense light like the twisty😁 reasonable priced and reliable. His old one did have some issues but sure he could work around them now.might get his lights back into the working class again.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cheapest rotary is at $356. I guess the base price went up ~20-30 bucks and also the limited Options are more expensive $24-$58.
A SDR50 is now at $393 instead ~$350.

It is never good that someting is more expensive, but it is the way it is.. Even Ground - Air rockes are more expensive than it was Begin of the year...

My NB30 Rotary ordered in Mai 2021 was $334, my forensic blue Rotary in April 2020 was $314, ...

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way the worlds going and compared to all the other increases 16% is mellow. Henry is probably not even keeping up with his increases in supplies.

I should have gotten a second Amber head though!

Mgizler

Enlightened
I bought my standard rotary 250 last year for 284$ I just looked now after reading this and it's now 347$. That's quite the increase. I love my HdS lights but man everything is getting expensive. I have an old clicky 200 in Fanta orange. I can't imagine the cost of getting something like that again.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Ouch! Henry needs to bring back a simple no nonsense light like the twisty😁 reasonable priced and reliable. His old one did have some issues but sure he could work around them now.might get his lights back into the working class again.

This is my major attraction to the other light I just bought…