HDS Systems #23

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
My preferred tint is around 4000k but in use even outdoors, the tint on the NLT is awesome. I don't pay attention (because I don't notice) to CRI unless it's really low.

Sometimes I would like a floodier LED for up close use but the NLT is great for all around.

I want to see the new LEDs that Hogo was hinting at.

Ordered two custom lights late at night four days ago. That's two full business days. One is already in the mail as of this evening. I'm amazed--just a few months ago it seemed like HDS lights were going to be impossible to acquire!

LRJ88

Enlightened
Ordered two custom lights late at night four days ago. That's two full business days. One is already in the mail as of this evening. I'm amazed--just a few months ago it seemed like HDS lights were going to be impossible to acquire!
That's really impressive, i'm still waiting for the order from the stabby and bangy European HDS reseller, luckily they informed me they should have them in in September and be able to ship them out then.

demure

Newly Enlightened
Just got my second HDS today -- a new 18650 rotary to join my cr123 rotary from 2015. Great light as expected, and I was lucky enough to get it less than a month after ordering! Only hiccup is that it looks like charger&battery two pack only shipped with a single battery :(

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
On two occasions, I've seen my rotary skip output levels while rotating through the lower output settings. Both times the battery tested with low voltage and replacing it solved the matter. Interestingly, the flashlight was still able to reach max output. With my executive, the inability to attain maximum is the first sign of a low battery, but it's level hopping with the rotary. Has anyone else had this experience? Or is something else going on with the rotary?

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
My Panda "flashes bright" every now and then on low levels when turning the tail. Very sporadic. The NLT head does not do this on my 18650 body however. I have not checked voltage.
How bright is bright? I had that on mine, went straight to max output. I sent it in in December and got it back 2 weeks ago, hasn't happened so far.

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
One of mine flashes bright too. I use it a lot on very low levels in a pitch black theater. Sometimes it will flash super bright when twisting the rotary control. It's really blinding when your eyes are dark adapted, and using at close range!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bright is bright? I had that on mine, went straight to max output. I sent it in in December and got it back 2 weeks ago, hasn't happened so far.
Mine definitely does not leap to maximum from a low setting. It's more like sub-lumen to ten or so. Not really a big deal as long as the flashlight is okay. This one has tremendous sentimental value, so I'm quite reticent about sending it for repair.