HDS Systems #23

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
But still it is better to write real terms. For example, some manufacturers directly write - the waiting period is 5 +/- 1 year due to such and such circumstances. And everyone is calm in this case.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I have to say, after 16 years of collecting lights, the hds is still the first light that i grab when leaving the house. Runs forever on an 18650.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
It's part of their marketing, trying to look always too busy, understating delivery times (and repair times). Just like a busy restaurant that intentionally creates a long line outside in the curb to look busy to others. Instead of being honest or correcting the delivery estimates on the website when fluctuations occur in production.
I also love my HDS but I could list at least 10 things it could be better at and 10 other things the company could be better at. But most won't care, so I'll refrain from that LOL.

Not counting that my brand new HDS came with a BIG dent on the body, and as much as it bothers me, I didn't complain to them because one, they wouldn't care (to the point their website states they don't give a poop to aesthetic defects), second if they agreed to replace it, it would take months. No thanks.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is being involved with HDS sometimes kind of like a marriage? Deeply held criticism inextricably bound with attachment?

Granted, I have never owned an HDS but admire the entire operation including all the information provided. Anyone who takes the time to research can in no way be surprised with ALL the reality that is, HDS.

Instead of the trendy/exclusive restaurant analogy, maybe HDS is actually OK with making people have to wait; that this culture of 'want it now' consumerism is quite unhealthy and HDS is, in their own little way, refusing to kowtow to that particular demon of selfish compulsion.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's part of their marketing, trying to look always too busy, understating delivery times (and repair times). Just like a busy restaurant that intentionally creates a long line outside in the curb to look busy to others. Instead of being honest or correcting the delivery estimates on the website when fluctuations occur in production.
I also love my HDS but I could list at least 10 things it could be better at and 10 other things the company could be better at. But most won't care, so I'll refrain from that LOL.

Not counting that my brand new HDS came with a BIG dent on the body, and as much as it bothers me, I didn't complain to them because one, they wouldn't care (to the point their website states they don't give a poop to aesthetic defects), second if they agreed to replace it, it would take months. No thanks.
That's great!😁

alitd

Newly Enlightened
Well, if they weren't so badass more people would cancel and the rest of us might get a light sooner. :unsure:

thaugen

Enlightened
In all seriousness, in the midst of unprecedented and very dangerous rain here in central California I could have reached for dozens of lights as my go to in an emergency...I picked my HDS Rotary!

Attachments

• FD25E006-B0AA-44C5-99F9-CD036185FEF3.jpeg
    FD25E006-B0AA-44C5-99F9-CD036185FEF3.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 87